1. Bobby Petrino compares Western Kentucky to Arkansas: ”[I]t’s unbelievable the facilities we have at WKU. The weight room, training room and locker room are way off the charts, way better than what we had at Arkansas.”
2. If the rumored hiring of Cam Cameron becomes reality, LSU will have its fourth offensive coordinator in four seasons.
3. Mississippi State getting a new assistant coach. Billy Gonzales is the former receivers coach and recruiting coordinator at Florida. Worked four different jobs in last five years.
4. When his son signed to play football at LSU, former NBA star Moses Malone “cried like a baby.” Said the NBA’s No. 2 all-time scorer: “I’m ecstatic he’s playing football, not basketball.”
5. Starting this fall, Georgia students will have 2,000 fewer tickets available for home football games. “There were 17,910 tickets reserved for students last year, but the average “scan” rate for home games since 2009 is 11,802.”
6. Auburn coach Gus Malzahn has changed the Tigers weight and training program to match the team’s new fast-paced offense. ”No-huddle training. That’s kind of our philosophy.”
7. Auburn offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee: “It’s going to be fast. It’s going to be exciting for players, it’s going to be exciting for fans…”
8. The most decorated of the four running backs Alabama took on signing day was Derrick Henry. In nearly 50 career high school games, he was never held below 100 yards rushing.
9. Volunteering in the community or attending a Bible session will earn Tennessee players points in a new competition designed by coach Butch Jones.
10. The Shawn Williams rant last fall about the Georgia defense is still paying dividends. A.D. Greg McGarity: “He’s one of my favorite players of all time, I can assure you of that.”
11. Former Arkansas coach John L. Smith accusing of hiding assets in an attempt to defraud creditors out of millions of owed payments.
12. With help from two new schools, the SEC broke the seven-million mark in football attendance for the first time ever this past season.
13. X-rays negative on Nerlens Noel knee – no breaks. MRI scheduled for his knee today. Andy Staples: “This wasn’t a great Wildcats team to begin with.”
14. Pat Forde wonders about the one-and-done system and if Noel would have been better off going straight to the NBA - “at least he would be under contract and well-compensated by whatever NBA team would have drafted him in the first round last June.”
15. Kentucky student-reporter description of covering last night’s game in enemy territory: ”Not only was I fearful for my life, I also needed windshield wipers. With every big Gator play, student section cheers brought saliva flying over me.”
16. South Carolina redshirt sophomore forward Carlton Geathers underwent arthroscopic knee surgery on Tuesday – expected to miss the rest of the season. South Carolina will try to get him sixth year of eligibility.
17. 5,385 in attendance for Alabama-Georgia last night. “It was a rainy night in Georgia. It was a ridiculous 9 p.m. tip-off (local time). The game was televised. Who could blame Bulldog fans for staying home?”
18. Tennessee plays at Vanderbilt tonight. Since Cuonzo Martin called the SEC coordinator of officials, Tennessee’s Jarnell Stokes has launched into the best five-game stretch of his career.
19. Vanderbilt coach Kevin Stallings on Stokes: “He is really a different guy than anybody else in the league in terms of his ability to control what goes on in the low post.”
20. Tennessee athletic department has reported 10 secondary violations since August – including basketball players receiving “impermissible personal grocery shopping services.”
21. Arkansas travels to Auburn. Razorbacks 0-8 this year outside of Arkansas. Kikko Haydar: ”It’s frustrating for all of us. We want to win.”
22. Auburn’s Frankie Sullivan is slumping so badly coach Tony Barbee may start to limit his minutes.
23. Ole Miss at Texas A&M tonight. Rebels starting an eight-game stretch they can use to build momentum toward tournament time.
24. Ole Miss guard Marshall Henderson is a Texas native. Aggies coach Billy Kennedy: “He’s coming back to Texas, so he’s got even a little more motivation than most.”
25. Missouri goes to Mississippi State. Laurence Bowers slowly recovering from knee sprain. Scoring average half of what it was before he got hurt.
26. When Mississippi State started SEC play 2-0, Rick Ray had this message for his team. “There’s a likelihood, too, now, you could end up 2-16 in the SEC, so don’t start feeling really good about yourself.” Bulldogs have lost eight straight.
27. Other than Jon Gruden – maybe the most rumored coach-in-waiting name. Boise State coach Chris Peterson on changing jobs: ”"I learned long ago that the size of the stadium has absolutely zero to do with my happiness.”
28. Big East working on a TV deal with NBC Sports Network worth about $20 million a year.
29. While NFL players were locked out, a financial advisor claims former Tennessee Titans quarterback Vince Young took out a seven-figure loan - in part to pay for a $300,000 birthday party for himself.
30. So why did Will Farrell escort Shaq out of the Staples Center last night?