1. LSU expected to make the hiring of Cam Cameron official on Friday.
2. Should Jadeveon Clowney challenge the NFL rule that prevents him from entering the draft before 2014?
3. Georgia defensive coordinator Todd Grantham’s spin on his defense that lost 12 guys that started at least two games: “We’ve got nine starters coming back who started in one game or more last year.”
4. Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen on new assistant Billy Gonzales.“Just about everywhere he’s gone, his receivers have broken records. The opportunity to get one of the best receiver coaches in the country is huge.”
5. Bulldogs could lose one of their quarterback signees – Cord Sandberg could go in the first round of the baseball draft. Mullen: “If he goes really high, if he goes in the first round of the baseball draft, hey, I’m happy for him, proud for him.”
6. Mark Stoops has lost one of his four JUCO signees. Cornerback Nate Willis headed to Division II.
7. Florida lost three of its top four receivers, but with five freshman coming in, there should be healthy competition this fall.
8. Arkansas coach Bret Bielema issued a statement Wednesday night on defensive end Austin Flynn’s DWI arrest: “I will review the matter and it will be handled swiftly and decisively.”
9. Former coaches of arrested Alabama players give their reactions.
10. Stadium expansion at Arkansas – “why expand a stadium that doesn’t sell out regularly?”
11. With Bo Wallace recovering from shoulder surgery, Barry Brunetti will get plenty of reps this spring for Ole Miss.
13. Texas A&M’s Luke Joeckel and Damontre Moore could be the first teammates drafted 1-2 by the NFL since 2000.
14. Alabama guard Chance Warmack’s talent is top 10 - but his NFL draft slot may no longer be, according to Mel Kiper.
15. Kiper thinks Auburn defensive end Corey Lemonier could land in the second round of the draft.
Nerlens Noel Reaction
16. Deadspin on Nerlens Noel season-ending torn ACL. “Noel won’t be the last player we see writhing on the ground in pain, his future possibly evaporating in front of him while NCAA and NBA cash in.”
17. ESPN draft analyst on Noel: “I’d be shocked, unless something happens in rehab, if he goes lower than No. 5.”
18. Sports Illustrated writer: ”Before the injury, he was going to be a top-five pick in this year’s draft. After the injury … same deal.”
19. Florida coach Billy Donovan on Noel: “The injury came from a hustle play and it kind of embodies who he is as a player.”
20. Dick Vitale on Kentucky’s chances without Noel: “They could still be a good team, but not an elite team.”
21. Kentucky travels to Tennessee Saturday. Vols have won back-to-back conference games for the first time this year. Cuonzo Martin: “I think we can beat any team in this league now.”
22. UK will be wearing alternate uniforms when they come to Knoxville.
23. Concern now at Ole Miss about their tournament chances – “there really aren’t going to be anymore chances for the Rebels to make themselves look better.”
24. What do Alabama’s NCAA tournament chances look like? Short answer – not great.
25. Tony Barbee used some variation of the the word “disappointing” five times in the first 73 seconds of his post-game news conference last night.
26. Missouri’s win over Mississippi State last night the first of four road games for the Tigers in 16 days.
27. LSU travels to South Carolina - starts a stretch of three games in six days.
28. South Carolina tries to break four-game losing streak tonight against a team they’ve already defeated on the road. With a 12-11 record, this looks to be Frank Martin’s first non-20 win season in six years as a college head coach.
29. NCAA basketball committee chairman on the 68-team field: ”I would tell you that I feel no compunction at all to think about expanding the tournament.”
30. What to expect when the NCAA deregulates communication between coaches and recruits in August? ”It’s going to be like the wild, wild West.”
31. Is the decision by the Big Ten not to play FCS opponents the death of FCS football as we know it?
32. Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim refuses to answer question from ESPN reporter – calls him an “an idiot” and “a disloyal person.”
33. Four shots in 24 seconds – last one from half court. Auburn student pulls it off and wins $5,000.
34. Who are your top 5 sports movie villains?