1. Alabama added four running backs on signing day. Too many? Nick Saban: “To me, to have really good depth at running back, you need five really good players. Three guys usually play a lot.”
2. Auburn signed only two offensive linemen in this class – that was by design. Offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee: ”Offensive line, it’s a position on our team that we felt like we had the most coming back as far as numbers.”
3. One of the reasons why Ole Miss assistant Chris Kiffin was named Scout.com’s recruiter of the year? The signing of five-star prospect Laremy Tunsil.
4. Tennessee coach Butch Jones on recruiting rankings: “We don’t get into stars. We have our own rating system. Stars don’t mean anything.” (Sounds a lot like Missouri coach Gary Pinkel)
5. In just 66 days, Kentucky coach Mark Stoops took the Wildcats signing-day ranking from 62nd in 2012 to 29th in 2013.
6. The story of the spring at Mississippi State? The receivers position.
7. Deja vu in Louisiana. “The Saints and Tigers change coordinators more often than Oregon changes uniforms.”
8. There are 32 SEC underclassmen invited to this week’s NFL Combine. In total, 79 out of 332 players from the SEC.
9. Does the Tennessee beatdown of Kentucky portend bigger and better things for the Vols? Cuonzo Martin: ”The last three games this is the Tennessee team I’m accustomed to seeing.”
10. John Clay: “Tennessee 88, The Uncoachables 58.”
11. Without Nerlens Noel, NCAA Selection Committee will now take a hard look at how Kentucky fares. “That determination will decide the Wildcats’ at-large fate, and this was a horrific first impression.”
12. Mike Bianchi: “If I’m University of Kentucky freshman Nerlens Noel and I never fully recover from a severe knee injury…I‘d sue (NBA Commissioner) Stern, the NBA and the NBA Players Association…”
13. Ole Miss guard Marshall Henderson gave the media just one quote after scoring 25 points in the overtime win against Georgia. “If it’s all the same, it’s Saturday night. I’m out.”
14. Kevin Scarbinsky on the future of Auburn basketball: “It’s getting to the point…where it’s time to ask some hard questions about where this program is and where it’s going.”
15. South Carolina coach Frank Martin on Alabama coach Anthony Grant: “You guys have one of the finest human beings on the face of the earth leading the charge.”
16. Missouri wanted to complain about the refs after yesterday’s loss at Arkansas. Here’s another view: “Complain about the refs if you would like, but Missouri gave that game away down the stretch.”
17. Arkansas coach Mike Anderson recruited Laurence Bowers and Phil Pressey to Missouri – they combined for just 11 points Saturday. ” I just thought I could see with Phil and Laurence, you could see the emotions maybe kind of hit them a little bit.”
18. Florida freshman Michael Frazier II scored a career-high 18 points Saturday. “He breaks a sweat before the game. That shows me a lot of how dedicated he is…”
19. He’s 4-feet-5-inches tall and weighs 70 pounds. The 11-year old Florida basketball prodigy.
20. Ashton Kutcher fronts a sports-betting syndicate? ”We were clearing, like, $750,000 in four weeks of college football. It was pretty fun. Then they caught on.”
21. Why Super Bowl XLVIII very well could be an unmitigated disaster.