2. It’s official at LSU. The university’s board of supervisors approves Les Miles’ new pay package - $4.3 million annual salary represents a 15% increase. He’s signed through 2019.
3. Not everyone is happy about the raise. LSU associate librarian: ”LSU is known nationally as a football team, not as an institution of higher learning.”
4. Texas A&M made the hire of linebackers coach Mark Hagen official on Friday.
5. South Carolina defensive lineman Jadeveon Clowney tweeted a few weeks ago “two more years of college” - but it’s not fooling coach Steve Spurrier. ” I think he’s just trying to get the fans to love him a little bit more. That’s not the smart thing for him to do. He knows that.”
6. Tennessee’s 2012 recruiting class is known for its attrition. But what’s left could have a big impact on 2013.
7. Mississippi State guard Tobias Smith granted sixth year of eligibility by NCAA. Hasn’t decided if he’ll come back in the fall.
8. What Gus Malzahn should be selling at Auburn.
9. When you rank the SEC signing classes by NFL draftees - here’s your top 10 of the past ten years.
10. On the eve of the Super Bowl, Georgia coach Mark Fox recalls his time at Nevada with quarterback Colin Kaepernick and why he wants running back Todd Gurley at practice. ” I told Gurley: ‘You run over people for a living, you need to come over here and go practice the charge drill.’ ”
11, The SEC used to be an up-tempo run-and-gun league. No more. “A 54-53 game was once unthinkable. Now, it’s routine.”
12. SEC winning percentage against non-conference opponents is 66.6 percent – the worst since the league started tracking it.
13. Kentucky’s Archie Goodwin on Texas A&M’s Elston Turner’s performance at Rupp: “(A) guy that scores 40 on a team as good as we are, that’s just an embarrassment to our team. We shouldn’t let that happen. I can’t wait to play him because I know that I’m not going to let it happen again.”
14. Turner: “I know I’m not going to have 40 again. But it’s going to be a great game.”
15. Florida guard Kenny Boynton on facing Ole Miss guard Marshall Henderson: I heard he’s a good scorer. I’m not worried. We’re going to come ready to play.” Keep your eye on the Scott Wilkebin-Marshall matchup.
16. Auburn coach Tony Barbee on Missouri: “They’re probably the most complete team in the league.”