1. Texas A&M starting defensive tackle Kirby Ennis arrested Friday night – charged with discharging/displaying a firearm and disorderly conduct. Suspended from team.
2. National Signing Day is Wednesday. 17 high school players will make their decisions known on live TV.
3. Those recruiting rankings are becoming more accurate.
4. Texas coach Mack Brown creates a buzz when he visits an in-state prospect, but thanks to the success of Texas A&M, he’s not the only one. “Coach Sumlin has people stirred up.”
6. Former Tennessee receiver Cordarrelle Patterson won a skills competition Saturday night at Cowboys Stadium. Florida’s Matt Elam finished fourth.
7. Kentucky coach Mark Stoops on recruiting: ”People have the notion that at Florida State things were easy, and it’s never easy no matter where you’re at. It’s just different battles.”
8. Stoops and Kentucky must be fired up about National Signing Day – UK releases a promo video.
9. Ole Miss guard Marshall Henderson on Florida: “I see them being No. 1 in the country at the end of the season.”
10. Florida was dominant inside Saturday against Ole Miss - outscoring them 34- 20 in the paint and outrebounding them 32-24.
11. John Calipari on Julius Mays guarding Texas A&M’s Elston Turner: ”Julius did a great job on Turner,” Calipari said. “Because Archie (Goodwin), if Archie ever sees Turner again, leave. If it’s a pickup game, go home.”
12. NBA scout on Kentucky’s Nerlens Noel: “Noel’s raw defensive ability is some of the best I have seen in a long time.”
14. After starting 0-3 in conference play, Georgia is now 4-4. Point guard Charles Mann: We feel real good in finishing games and feel real good in playing together.”
15. South Carolina coach Frank Martin following yesterday’s loss to Georgia. ” I’ve got to do my job a heck of a lot better. My staff’s been on me about that, and I’m not going to expand on that. That’s between me, my staff and my players.”
16. Points off turnovers Saturday in the Arkansas-Tennessee game – 27 for the Razorbacks, just six for the Vols.
17. Missouri forward Tony Criswell aggravated a hand injury Saturday, but coach Frank Haith thinks he’ll be OK. “Well, we put him back in the game, so I think he’s fine,”
18. Shoulder injury kept Missouri guard Keion Bell from playing against LSU – scored a season-high 24 points Saturday against Auburn.
19. This RPI ranking has four SEC teams in the top 50 – Florida No. 3, Missouri 35, Ole Miss 43, and Kentucky 46.
20. New York Times stats guru Nate Silver calls for a 49ers victory tonight in the Super Bowl.
21. Martha Stewart tweeting on AJ McCarron and girlfriend.