1. Reports last night had Georgia defensive coordinator Todd Grantham interviewing for the same position with the New Orleans Saints. As of this morning, he had not notified A.D. Greg McGarity and one report says the Saints will hire Rob Ryan but reports out of New Orleans say Ryan isn’t a done deal.
2. Mother of Georgia recruit Davin Bellamy: “Coach Grantham talked to Davin and assured him that he had nothing to worry about and that he was staying at Georgia and he would be Davin’s position coach,” Deflects question from fan today.
3. ESPN’s national recruiting director Tom Luginbill: “If there’s any coach in the SEC who’s had the best night’s sleep over the last two days, I would argue that it’s Will Muschamp because of what he’s been able to accomplish,”
5. Kentucky recruiting rankings going back to 2002.
6. A committee of Kentucky lawmakers backs the plan for renovations at Commonwealth Stadium.
7. Alabama’s under-the-radar recruit. Eddie Jackson didn’t play football as a sophomore or a junior.
8. Which prospects are potential future Heisman Trophy winners?
9. Differences between the North and the South - one man’s theory on offensive linemen.
10. Sports Illustrated writer: “For me, college football recruiting is like a prostate exam: I understand why it’s important, but I really don’t enjoy talking about it.”
11. Vanderbilt and Ole Miss recruiting classes on the “upstart” list - Tennessee, Missouri and Arkansas on the “worrisome” list.
12. Alabama at Auburn. Coach Anthony Grant wants his Crimson Tide team to be more consistent. “When our guys are playing at their best, from an offensive and defensive standpoint, we’ve got a chance to be a very good basketball team.”
13. Auburn A.D. Jay Jacobs message to fans: ”Our history says we can be successful in basketball, but it also says we have to be patient.”
14. Mississippi State at Ole Miss. Rebels look to stop two-game slide. Coach Anthony Kennedy: “We’re on a two-game losing streak and whether it’s the Mississippi State Bulldogs or the Los Angeles Lakers that comes in here on Wednesday, we got to stop this.”
15. Georgia at Tennessee. Two teams going in opposite directions – Bulldogs have won three straight. Volunteers have lost six of their last nine games. A changed lineup has resulted in better play for Georgia.
16. Tennessee’s Kenny Hall will not be suspended after getting arrested for driving on a suspended license.
17. Vanderbilt at LSU. Commodores have lost three straight. Kevin Stallings: “It’s hard for me to stay positive anyway because I’m naturally slanted negatively, which is probably my quality that I hate the most.”
18. The Arkansas victory over No. 2 Florida Tuesday night marks the highest-ranked opponent the Razorbacks have beaten since 1999.
19. Missouri travels to Texas A&M Thursday. Aggies coach Billy Kennedy on Phil Pressey: “I haven’t seen him play a bad game. LSU kind of gave him some issues, but he still made plays.”
20. CBS Sports says the NCAA approved a five-figure payment to the attorney of Miami booster Nevin Shapiro, in order to obtain information in its investigation. That investigation impacts current Missouri basketball coach Frank Haith and two Alabama football staff members - Jeff Stoutland and Joe Pannunzio.
21. Who will be the last man on earth to find out who won the Super Bowl?
22. New film called “Life On The Line” provides a glimpse into the world of sports betting.