1. Top ranked basketball recruit Julius Randles recently blogged about a visit to Kansas but also admitted his days of meeting with teams and coaches are now over. “I think, at this point, I’m gonna shut all of my visits with coaches down. I’ve got all the information now I’m gonna take time to process it all. So I won’t be meeting with any more coaches.” Randle has narrowed his list of schools down to six – including two from the SEC – Kentucky and Florida.
2. Offensive lineman Bradley Bozeman will greyshirt at Alabama this fall. He’s recovering from a recent surgery to repair a torn ACL. “I feel like by this time next year I’ll be in great shape and ready to hit the ground running at Alabama.”
3. New Auburn recruiting coordinator Rodney Garner on the incoming class: “I’m excited about our defensive line class. I think they definitely have an upside, we’re definitely looking forward to working with them, but it’s going to take time.”
4. Which SEC teams are off to the best start for the class of 2014? ”Florida, Texas A&M and LSU all have four four-star commitments. Florida has one of the better quarterbacks in the country, Will Grier.”
5. Mark Richt had this to say to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution regarding the signing of 4-star JUCO defensive tackle Toby Johnson: “A lot of people may remember or may not remember, but a lot of people had him ranked as the No. 1 junior college player in the country. The ACL injury is one that almost everyone recovers from very well. There are some times when it’s not 100 percent. But we’re very confident that he’ll come back healthy and be the player he has been and maybe beyond, with our training, our nutrition and our coaching.”
5. Will this impress recruits? ACC to open a restaurant in the Raleigh-Durham Airport.