1. Biggest change LSU players are seeing with new offensive coordinator Cam Cameron? Tempo. Running back Jeremy Hill: “We got in a lot more plays than we do normally.”
2. With multiple players headed to the NFL, LSU needs to rebuild its defensive line. In all, defensive coordinator John Chavis has to replace eight starters. ”We’ve done this before.”
3. Tennessee practices for the first time in full pads. What did defensive coordinator John Jancek think? “I think we’re a poor tackling team right now.”
4. Tennessee wide receivers coach Zach Azzani: “I have a bunch of guys that really have no foundation.”
5. With spring practice now underway this week at Arkansas, what does new Bret Bielema have to say about his team? “They are open to coaching. They’re hungry. They are obsessed with doing things that we’re asking them to do, even if it is taxing or exhausting.”
6. Former Arkansas running back Knile Davis on the impact of Bobby Petrino’s departure: “There was no order when Bobby left.”
7. South Carolina quarterback Dylan Thompson on coach Steve Spurrier: “He demands perfection and isn’t going to stop until he gets what he wants.”
8. Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen says he’ll have his staff completed when the Bulldogs start spring practice on March 21.
10. Coach James Franklin: “We have a chance to be close to 300 pounds across the offensive line and four deep at defensive tackle. We haven’t had that before.”
11. Looks like Johnny Manziel is enjoying spring break. Is Manziel more like Manti Te’o than we may think? “Manziel revels in his newfound role as the country’s biggest troll.”
12. Texas Tech would like to renew a rivalry with the Aggies. Texas Tech athletic director Kirby Hocutt: “We would welcome the opportunity to play Texas A&M in every sport.”
13. SEC Media Days schedule set - July 16-18.
14. LSU vs. Florida starts the ball rolling this afternoon in Nashville. Florida won the first round 74-52 back in January but Tigers playing well lately – 10-5 in their last 15 games.
15. It’s Tennessee vs. Alabama in the rubber match this afternoon in Nashville. Keep your eye on rebounds – Tennessee has had 15 more in each of the first two games. Does a win over Alabama make Tennessee bubble-proof?
16. Vanderbilt gets Kentucky again tonight - sixth time in two years these two teams have met. John Calipari: ”We’ve got a challenge. This is going to be a really hard game for us.”
17. Ole Miss faces Missouri tonight. With two sub-200 RPI losses, Rebels desperately need a win to keep any NCAA Tournament hopes alive.
18. What to do with Missouri? “Short of winning the SEC tourney, Mizzou will be a complicated team to seed.”
19. Tough call for Kentavious Caldwell-Pope – stay or leave or NBA? Projects as late first-round or second-round pick.
20. A first-year coach in Frank Martin but fourth straight losing season at South Carolina. Where do the Gamecocks go from here?
22. Stat on SEC basketball: From 1997 to 2008, the SEC averaged 5.7 NCAA Tournament bids per season. Now, the SEC won’t have more than five bids for the fifth straight year.
23. What to expect from this year’s NCAA Tournament? Buckle up for a wild ride.