1. Running back Marcus Lattimore’s injuries a blessing in disguise at South Carolina? “We were able to move on when Marcus got hurt. You can’t just sit there and sulk. You have to move on and find ways to get better.”
2. Spring practice starts at Alabama. Five questions and five players to watch.
3. Second-day spring practice impressions at Florida. ”Jeff Driskel looked much more comfortable than he did last spring…”
4. Situational scrimmage at Tennessee today. Offensive coordinator Mike Bajakian: ”I want to identify who the playmakers are, put guys in situations to make plays and see who steps up when the lights go on.”
6. LSU linebacker Lamin Barrow had 104 tackles last year. Defensive coordinator John Chavis: ”He’s a really talented player and we’ll need him to show it.”
7. Auburn has running back Tre Mason but what’s in the backfield beyond him?
8. Former Arkansas quarterback Tyler Wilson impressive at the Razorbacks pro day on Friday.
9. Coach Bret Bielema is focused on who will replace Wilson. ”I think there’s no doubt that on offense, the key is who is going to be our trigger puller.”
10. Kentucky’s Archie Goodwin on what the loss to Vanderbilt meant for the Wildcats’ NCAA Tournament chances: “This didn’t help us at all. I know for a fact this really hurt us.” Jerry Palm’s latest outlook.
12. Crimson Tide players glad to get another opportunity to face Florida. Trevor Releford: “Everybody in the locker room is excited about it. We’ve wanted them since we lost to them two weeks ago. It’s going to be a good game.”
13. Alabama has lost six straight to Florida. Will Yeguete will play two games in two days for the first time in college career.
14. If you’re keeping score, Missouri has now lost six of their last seven games decided in the final seconds. Tigers 5-7 in games away from home in which they’ve had a lead in last 30 seconds.
15. Is Georgia a top-25 team if Kentavious Caldwell-Pope returns next year?
16. Auburn coach Tony Barbee gets a vote of confidence from A.D. Jay Jacobs. “My expectation is for our program to show significant improvement under coach Barbee’s leadership.”
17. Have bowl, will host. In addition to Rose, Orange and Sugar, 31 bowls get invited to participate in college football’s new playoffs. “In reality, if anybody other than the Cotton, Tostitos Fiesta and Chick-fil-A bowls are chosen, it will qualify as a major surprise.”
18. When Maryland moves to the Big Ten, the school will receive an estimated $20-30 million in travel expense subsidies.
19. Charles Barkley wants to work a basketball game with Dick Vitale: ”I would love to do a game with Dick Vitale because I think he has been great for college basketball. It’d be good for the game.”