1. With spring practice underway at Tennessee, players can expect to hear unexpected sounds like a crying baby or breaking glass. Butch Jones: “It may be annoying. It’s just trying to break their intensity and their focus, because great teams in this conference have to go on the road in all the clutter and distraction.”
2. Tennessee will have a winner and loser on every rep - scoreboard will keep tally.
3. Spring practice at Arkansas starts Sunday. First priority for new coach Bret Bielema – finding a starting quarterback to replace Tyler Wilson.
4. With spring break at Georgia, Bulldogs want to avoid a repeat of last year’s distractions. Quarterback Aaron Murray: “The only thing we’ve talked about is you don’t want miss those first two games.” (Clemson and South Carolina)
5. South Carolina quarterback Connor Shaw is missing spring practice while recovering from foot surgery. Quarterbacks coach G.A. Mangus says Shaw is “on schedule” with his recovery.
7. When it comes to Alabama’s receiving corps, there’s no doubt that Amari Cooper is THE guy.
8. Auburn wants a physical, downhill running game and it starts upfront. New offensive line coach J.B. Grimes: ”We want big, physical offensive linemen.”
9. More problems for former Arkansas coach John L. Smith in his bankruptcy case – “unable to explain the location” of $1 million in cashed CDs.
NFL Draft Prospects
10. Former Florida defensive tackle Sharrif Floyd will not participate in Gators’ pro day Tuesday – his agent says he has an ankle injury.
11. Every NFL team was represented at pro day Friday at Texas A&M. Damontre Moore posts better results than he did at NFL Combine. Running back Christine Michael explains why he overslept in Indianapolis.
12. Tennessee tackle Ja’Wuan James could have jumped to the NFL but chose to return to school after gettting a call from Butch Jones: “I knew it was genuine, and I liked what he was talking about, how he wanted things to change and how I could really help.”
13. Senior Skyler McBee started his Tennessee career as a walk-on. He’s ending it as having played in the third-most games in Vols history.
14. A long and winding road at LSU is coming to an end for senior guard Charles Carmouche.
15. Alabama player Andrew Steele playing his final home today: I love this University. It’s not just basketball. I love it when the other teams do well.”
16. Georgia ponders what might have been- following overtime loss at Ole Miss and tw0-point loss at Arkansas. Flip the results in those games and the Bulldogs are a top-four team in the conference.
17. Alabama coach Anthony Grant on Georgia: ”In my opinion, they’ve got a guy that’s probably a candidate for Player of the Year in the league in Kentavious Caldwell-Pope. He’s really led that team.”
18. Will playing on a neutral court at the SEC Tournament be a benefit to Arkansas?
19. If you want to go broke in life - just follow the examples of these 22 pro athletes.
20. Evidently, a West Virginia TV station is not a fan of coach Dana Holgorsen.