1. Tennessee running back Marlin Lane is still suspended but on the path to returning, according to coach Butch Jones. “He knows what he has to do to be reinstated at this time.”
2. Missouri quarterback James Franklin is No. 1 on the depth chart according to coach Gary Pinkel. He’s followed by redshirt freshman Maty Mauk and redshirt sophomore Corbin Berkstresser.
3. Ole Miss quarterback Bo Wallace, recovering from shoulder surgery, is ahead of schedule. Wallace will begin throwing in 10 days.“We’re real excited to get him out there and do it,” said Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze on today’s SEC teleconference.
4. Alabama will investigate a tweet sent from the account of former lineman D.J. Fluker. Fluker’s agent says the account had been hacked when a tweet appeared with the words, “Yea I took $ n college so wat.” Said Alabama coach Nick Saban, ““We’re trying to do things the right way.”
5. Multiple stories today out on the Internet about Steve Spurrier saying he voted for Jadeveon Clowney on his Heisman ballot last year. Spurrier admitted this months ago – here’s a story from December where it’s mentioned.