1. Auburn president Jay Gogue on allegations surrounding the program: ”When you get in and begin to do all your careful reviews and analyze everything said, we didn’t find anything.”
3. Don’t expect the college football playoff committee to have its members anytime soon. Executive director Bill Hancock: “We want to be deliberate.”
4. Possible motive in the bar fight involving LSU running back Jeremy Hill? Attorney says Hill was heckled about past legal trouble. Search continues for second suspect – not believed to be LSU football player. Update: Second person arrested.
5. LSU-Wisconsin in Houston in 2014? Not so fast. ”Nothing has been finalized.”
6. Nick Saban on why he wants the SEC to adopt a nine-game conference schedule: “I personally feel like strength of schedule is going to be a real important thing in the future.”
7. Auburn president Jay Gogue also likes the nine-game idea. “I’d be one of those that would be supportive.”
8. Auburn coach Gus Malzahn has already starting watching game tape on the Tigers first opponent, Washington State.
9. Ole Miss quarterback Bo Wallace has resumed throwing - coming of shoulder surgery in January.
10. Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel picks up his Manning Award trophy. Archie Manning: ”Thanks a hell of a lot, Johnny.” NFL general manager on Manziel – He’s “more like a Brett Favre. He’s got some cowboy in him.”
11. Athlon asks the question – will the Missouri Tigers make a bowl game this season?
12. Florida coach Will Muschamp on running back Matt Jones: “He attacked the offseason. He’s up over 230 pounds. He looks great.”
13. Gators linebacker Ronald Powell cleared for a full return in August after undergoing two ACL surgeries on his knee in the past year.
14. What does Tennessee coach Butch Jones look at on a transcript? Tardiness and absences. “That tells me everything I need to know.”
15. Former Tennessee coach Johnny Majors on Jones: “His practices have great tempo, they’re organized to the hilt and there’s nobody standing around.”
16. Analyst on the distribution challenges awaiting the new network: ”I think it all comes down to how you price it. But I would say it’s going to take them a long time to get off the ground.”
17. Mike Slive on having the network headquartered in North Carolina. “I’m delighted to have a presence in North Carolina.” Care to elaborate? “No. I don’t need to.”
18. Tony Barnhart: “Slive cemented his legacy as one of the impactful commissioners in the history of college athletics with Thursday’s announcement.”
19. David Climer: “It’s good to be the king.”
20. Kentucky coach John Calipari on the impact the network will have on basketball. “From teams seven to 14, those teams now have a chance to recruit, because they will get fully exposed.”
21. The mother of Alabama basketball player Devonta Pollard charged with kidnapping a six-year old girl.
22. Florida’s non-conference schedule includes Kansas, Memphis and Wisconsin.
23. Missouri will reportedly play in Las Vegas in November.
24. Ole Miss still looking to fill one scholarship spot.
25. Columnist: “Big Ten football in its current state is a fraud.”
26. With Notre Dame playing Arizona State at Cowboys Stadium, the Fighting Irish have their eyes on Texas recruits. Coach Brian Kelly: ”There’s no question that when you talk about playing here at Cowboys Stadium, that gets every recruit’s attention.”
27. Texas coach Mack Brown is handing out rings.
28. World War II veterans of the Normandy Invasion get to meet Kentucky Derby horse Normandy Invasion.