1. What’s Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin doing to motivate his team for the Alabama game? ”Same thing we did last year. That seemed to work.” Also mentions a certain position. “At quarterback, we’re gonna be alright.”
2. Nick Saban and The Bear, Part 1: “It’s hard to imagine Alabama football ever being on a higher pedestal than it is today. ”
3. Nick Saban and The Bear, Part 2: “The Bear set the standard. Says here, however, that Saban has surpassed it.”
4. David Climer: “The last thing Alabama needs is a break via scheduling. But the Tide gets one just the same.”
5. Andy Staples on college football coaches and the morality business: ”Not one of them has kept a job because he graduated the most model citizens.”
6. One take on LSU coach Les Miles: “He is two years younger than Saban and surely looks more relaxed.”
7. LSU safety Craig Loston almost went to Texas A&M four years ago. Chose LSU because it was in the SEC. LSU quarterback Zach Mettenberger’s mother works in the Georgia football administrative offices.
8. Is Austyn Carta-Samuels the answer at quarterback for Vanderbilt? Wide receiver Jordan Matthews: “Our chemistry is getting a lot better.”
9. When it comes to impact players at South Carolina, don’t forget about wide receiver Bruce Ellington.
10. USA Todays says Ole Miss is the 47th best team in the country – “win no fewer than six but no more than eight games.”
11. Gus Malzahn, Mitch Mustain, Houston Nutt and the lost year at Arkansas.
13. Mike Slive’s message to the NCAA. It has to change its lousy ways. Or else.
14. Record year for donations at Ole Miss.
15. The new SEC hoops czar, Mark Whitworth, turned up at SEC Media Days this week.
16. With Shaq Johnson dismissed, Auburn returns only one starter from last year’s team.
17. Tennessee players get in a game of flag football this week.
18. Who’s better – Peyton or Eli? Tiki Barber says Eli.