1. Here’s a position-by-position look at Alabama’s defense.
2. Can anyone in the SEC beat Alabama? That’s the question at ESPN.com.
3. Auburn offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee likes the decision-making ability of quarterback Nick Marshall.
4. Auburn has moved freshman Johnathan Ford from running back to cornerback.
5. Freshman defensive ends Elijah Daniel and Carl Lawson will likely help Auburn’s defense this fall.
6. LSU expects a big season despite lower expectations compared to the past few years.
7. Here’s a look at LSU’s defensive ends. The Tigers have a lot to replace from last season.
8. Cornerback Geno Smith’s DUI arrest could be a problem for Alabama’s title hopes, writes Barrett Sallee.
9. The health of Florida running back Matt Jones is improving. He could be back for the opener.
10. Cornerback Sheldon Dawson on Georgia’s defense: “We’re vicious and we’re aggressive and we’re coming.”
11. Kentucky’s quarterback battle is down to two. It looks like Maxwell Smith and Jalen Whitlow.
12. Raymond Sanders is clearly Kentucky’s No. 1 option at running back.
13. Tennessee offensive line coach Don Mahoney hopes his talented unit finishes on a winning note.
14. South Carolina has the nation’s best defensive line, according to Athlon Sports.
15. It’s a clean sweep: these five predictions have Alabama finishing the regular season with a 12-0 record.
16. Here’s a quarter-by-quarter look at how Missouri QB James Franklin has performed the last two years.
17. LSU coach Les Miles cut Monday’s practice short to make sure they’re ready this afternoon.
18. Ole Miss is knocking on wood: “Everyone did at least something” in Monday’s practice.
19. Florida’s Loucheiz Purifoy is a “cornerback first and wide receiver second,” as Monday’s practice showed.
20. Georgia’s practice story on Monday: All the secondary members who weren’t available to practice.
21. South Carolina worked to “get the kinks out” at Monday’s practice.
22. Tennessee expects linebacker Curt Maggitt and defensive end Jacques Smith to miss the opener against Austin Peay.
24. CBS Sports has released its preseason All-America team. Eight SEC players are on the first team.
25. Miami has cut ties with defensive lineman Dyron Dye, who still has unresolved issues with the NCAA.
26. Ohio State quarterback Braxton Miller is the favorite to win the Heisman Trophy. Johnny Manziel has the ninth-best odds.