1. Alabama and Virginia Tech played four years ago. That should have no effect on the game this year.
2. Sports analyst/oddsmaker Danny Sheridan expects Alabama to lose one game and Georgia to miss the SEC Championship Game.
3. Here are five players from Washington State to watch as Auburn prepares for the Cougars.
4. Auburn’s offensive players are more confident now than they were in the spring.
5. Redshirt freshman Austin Hardin has won Florida’s place-kicking job.
6. Arkansas coach Bret Bielema is focused on Arkansas’ opener, not his debut with the Razorbacks.
7. LSU players are taking TCU seriously. “Any ranked team in the opener is a big deal,” LSU running back Alfred Blue said.
8. Mississippi State announced its captains on Monday. All four players are seniors.
9. Vanderbilt coach James Franklin wants to make sure the officials are watching Ole Miss on Thursday night.
10. Ole Miss coach Bo Wallace says he’s ready for the season opener against Vanderbilt.
11. Stan Rome is a legend at Clemson but he’ll be rooting for Georgia on Saturday because of his son.
12. The Western Kentucky game is “very important” for Kentucky, according to coach Mark Stoops.
13. South Carolina’s offense will have to help keep the defense off the field against North Carolina.
14. Justin Worley is “ready to take control” now that he’s officially Tennessee’s starting quarterback.
15. Alabama’s offensive backfield is loaded again. Here’s what you should expect, according to Barrett Sallee.
Practice Reports/Injury Updates/Depth charts
16. Florida offensive lineman Chaz Green is lost for the season with a torn labrum.
18. Auburn freshman Johnathan Ford looks good physically but isn’t ready to help the Tigers on the field.
19. “Jeremy Hill is going to sustain discipline,” says LSU coach Les Miles. He could make the trip to Dallas this weekend.
20. Oklahoma State will be without its starting left tackle when it plays Mississippi State this weekend.
21. Georgia’s defense is filled with players who “have never played a down of Division I college football.”
22. Kentucky’s starting quarterback won’t be announced before Saturday’s opener against Western Kentucky.
23. South Carolina wide receiver Bruce Ellington still feels pain when he runs full speed. He hopes to play on Thursday.
24. Several freshmen help make up Tennessee’s depth chart. Wide receiver Marquez North and cornerback Cameron Sutton are starters.
25. Good news for Missouri: everyone looks healthy heading into Saturday’s opener against Murray State.
26. Senior forward Jeronne Maymon says he’ll be 100 percent by the start of the season. He missed last season with a knee injury.
27. Armen Keteyian’s “The System” is the “best book” written on college football in years, according to Dan Wetzel. It has details that will “cause a stir.”
28. Ralph Russo of the Associated Press predicts Alabama will win another BCS title this year.
29. Dan Wolken writes about Clemson coach Dabo Swinney, who hopes to help take down the SEC this year.
30. Senior Senorise Perry will start at running back for Louisville.