1. Two of college football’s finest wide receivers on display in this game – Mike Evans for A&M and Jordan Matthews for Vanderbilt.
2. Texas A&M needs its defense to get pressure on Vanderbilt redshirt freshman quarterback Patton Robinette
3. What does Vanderbilt coach James Franklin think about Johnny Manziel and his injured shoulder? ”He’s going to be fine. I think he’s got like titanium bones.”
4. Vanderbilt needs to score a lot to have any chance to win this one. Texas A&M averaging 46.9 points per game.
5. Vanderbilt gets introduced to Kyle Field today.
Tennessee at Alabama
6. The last Tennessee coach to beat Alabama in his first attempt? Former Vols coach and current Alabama A.D. Bill Battle.
7. Not the first time this year Alabama has faced a team that’s playing better and seemingly has a little momentum.
8. Tennessee defensive tackle Daniel McCullers played a great game against South Carolina – he’ll need to do it again to give the Vols a chance today.
9. Alabama linebacker C.J. Mosley on playing Tennessee and the possibility of shaking up the SEC schedule: “If we lose a game, this would not be the game to lose.”
10. Alabama’s secondary is banged up – could it mean a big day for Tennessee wide receiver Marquez North?