1. Auburn cornerback Chris Davis on his matchup with Texas A&M wide receiver Mike Evans: “He’s one of the top receivers in the SEC. I think I’m one of the best defensive backs in the SEC, and I think it’ll be a good matchup.”
2. Not recruited out of high school and he failed to make the basketball team as a walk-on. Texas A&M senior wide receiver Travis Labhart catch eight passes for 97 yards against Ole Miss Saturday.
3. Aggies quarterback Johnny Manziel - playing better than ever.
4. South Carolina coaches say Jadeveon Clowney graded out at 91 percent for the Arkansas game. Number of plays ran in his direction? Four. “There were times when Jadeveon was being blocked by two and three guys on a consistent basis.” And there were times when he blew through three players to do his job.
5. Tennessee quarterback Justin Worley grew up in South Carolina. He and Clowney are from the same hometown.
6. Tennessee offensive coordinator Mike Bajakian on running back Rajion Neal: “It’s been a process, and he’s made progress every week.”
7. Ole Miss defensive coordinator Dave Wommack on LSU quarterback Zach Mettenberger: “He’s playing with unbelievable confidence.”
8. Florida’s defense couldn’t stop LSU’s run game. Can it stop Missouri’s rushing attack?
9. Matchup to watch in the Florida-Missouri game? “The Gators’ secondary is very good, but so are the Tigers’ receivers.”
10. Will Mushcamp wants more big plays from his team’s run game.
11. New face of Missouri football? Tiger defensive end Michael Sam chosen as mid-season All-American by at least five different outlets.
12. Arkansas defensive coordinator Chris Ash on Alabama’s offense: “They can run it, they can throw it. They really haven’t had a lot of trouble doing either one.”
13. Alabama safety Jarrick Williams says he calls former Crimson Tide safety Mark Barron to get tips on playing the position.
14. Does Mississippi State have a kicking problem? Devon Bell just 5-of-1o on the season, 2-of-7 beyond yards. Another issue for the Bulldogs – not converting on third down in the fourth quarter.
15. Vanderbilt kicker Carey Spear made a school-record 20 of 24 field goal attempts last year. Made 4-of-5 this year.
16. Georgia wide receiver Jonathan Rumph will make his debut against Vanderbilt. Missed first six games with a hamstring injury.
17. Auburn coach Gus Malzahn on quarterback Nick Marshall: “Looks like he’s back to normal.”
19. With Ryan Kelly recovering from a knee injury, Alabama center Chad Lindsay taking most of the snaps with the first team.
20. Alabama has competition at the right tackle position.
21. Condoleezza Rice is on the College Football Playoff selection committee. How would she respond to Pat Dye’s comments? “I certainly respect you, but I just respectfully disagree.”
22. Rice: “I actually hired Ty Willingham to be Stanford’s football coach after Bill Walsh stepped down [in 1994]. ”
23. Committee member Archie Manning: ”I love the game. I want to give back and contribute. “
24. Big trend in college football - the explosion of helmet designs.
25. Those Notre Dame shamrock uniforms? A recruiting ploy.
26. Kentucky coach John Calipari on being the media’s pick to win the SEC: “Will we be a great defensive team and rebounding team, and will we share the ball? If we do that, we have a chance to be one of the best teams in the country,” Watch Calipari’s Media Day interview here.
29. Missouri coach Frank Haith on whether Earnest Ross will be starting: “I think Earnest will jump off a bridge if I wouldn’t let him start.” Interview videos - Haith here, Ross here.
30. Haith on Mizzou football coach Gary Pinkel: “Gary’s a tremendous man. I love him.”
31. Vanderbilt coach Kevin Stallings is a lifelong St. Louis Cardinals fan but his son is a catcher in the Pittsburgh Pirates system.”First time in 50 years I haven’t rooted for the Cardinals. But I’m pulling for them as hard as ever now.” Stallings at Media Days.