December 2nd, 2013 09:30 AM║ Posted By: Josh Ward ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Auburn, BCS, Butch Jones, LSU, Ohio State
1. The BCS standings show Auburn will most likely need Florida State or Ohio State to lose for the Tigers to reach the BCS title game.
2. Alabama’s chance of returning to the BCS championship game is “highly improbably, but possible.”
3. A good sign: Many Alabama fans took to Facebook to show support for kicker Cade Foster.
4. Auburn and Missouri have sold out their allotment of tickets to the SEC championship game.
5. Auburn coach Gus Malzahn has no time to relax as he and the Tigers prepare for Missouri.
6. Florida coach Will Muschamp fired offensive coordinator Brent Pease on Sunday. Offensive line coach Tim Davis was also let go.
7. Muschamp promised improvement as he plans to “evaluate himself” as well as the football program.
8. Georgia coach Mark Richt expects defensive coordinator Todd Grantham to return next year.
9. Grantham doesn’t seem to be phased by criticism. “I look at the body of work I’ve done and I’m fine,” he said.
10. The Cotton Bowl appears to be a likely destination for LSU. The Tigers thought they were headed there last year.
11. Kentucky won only two games this season. Fans will certainly expect more next year.
12. There were multiple incidents Saturday night involving South Carolina students and members of the Clemson football team.
13. For the third straight year, South Carolina defeated the winner of the SEC East.
14. Texas A&M’s season was filled with unmet expectations, writes Robert Cessna.
15. Departing senior Daniel Hood feels good about Tennessee’s future under coach Butch Jones.
16. Barrett Sallee writes that a 12-1 Auburn team being left out of the BCS title game would actually be “very American.”
17. Watch Auburn fans react to the Tigers’ win over Alabama.
18. LSU scored a key win against Butler on Sunday. The Tigers won 70-68 in overtime.
19. Center Willie Cauley-Stein blocked shots while helping Kentucky beat Providence 79-65.
20. “Their length is their strength,” Providence coach Ed Cooley said of Kentucky.
21. Mississippi State needed overtime on Sunday to edge out Loyola Chicago 65-64.
22. There’s plenty of debate surrounding the BCS following an entertaining rivalry weekend.
23. Did the SEC keep itself from winning an eighth consecutive BCS championship?
24. Ohio State can’t “come close to matching the résumé” of Auburn or Missouri, writes John Feinstein.
25. Ohio State coach Urban Meyer won’t suspend offensive lineman Marcus Hall and running back Dontre Wilson for fighting against Michigan.
26. Here’s an early update on the coaching carousel. Will Southern California go after Vanderbilt’s James Franklin?
27. The No. 1 choice in this week’s Misery Index was easy to predict: it’s Alabama.
|Post Comments »||One Comment|