November 19th, 2013 12:30 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Georgia, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss
1. Ole Miss quarterback Bo Wallace on the challenge of facing Missouri: “It’s a huge week for us. We get to see how good we really are. ”
2. Missouri receivers Dorial Green-Beckham and L’Damian Washington were injured in the Kentucky game but expected to play at Ole Miss.
3. It’s a game they’ll be watching with interest in Columbia, Missouri and in Columbia, South Carolina.
4. South Carolina will face a 10-1 Coastal Carolina team coached by former TD Ameritrade CEO Joe Mogllia.
5. LSU coach Les Miles on the matchup with Johnny Manziel and Texas A&M: “I like my defense. I suspect they’ll play best in this game. ”
6. LSU and A&M means two of the nation’s best receivers will be on display – Odell Beckham and Mike Evans.
8. Kentucky will be without starting safety Eric Dixon in the first half against Georgia – ejected in fourth quarter against Vanderbilt.
9. Kentucky coach Mark Stoops on his 2-8 team: ”I want to win now.”
10. Former Auburn center Cole Cubelic on Alabama: ”When you watch a team and they begin to get boring, mainly on offense, and they’re still very successful, that’s when you know it is good.”
11. Want a ticket to the Iron Bowl? Be prepared to spend hundreds, perhaps thousands.
12. “Auburn is not a ‘Team of Destiny.‘ Stop it with that nonsense.”
13. ESPN BCS analyst Brad Edwards: Auburn or Missouri would be best one-loss team should either win out.
14. Alabama guard Anthony Steen on the battle in the trenches against Mississippi State: “It was a battle up front. Most difficult game I’ve played this season.”
14. Any special teams changes in store at Tennessee? For the third straight year, Tennessee needs a win against Vanderbilt to keep its bowl hopes alive.
15. Until Tyler Murphy’s shoulder improves, Florida will stick with freshman Skyler Mornhinweg as their starting quarterback.
16. Arkansas cornerback Ray Buchanan Jr. has asked for scholarship release – will transfer.
17. Razorbacks can end bowl hopes of Mississippi State with a victory Saturday.
18. Vanderbilt goes on the road tonight to Butler. Coach Kevin Stallings: “We’re so much further ahead than we were last year at this time that it doesn’t really even deserve comparison.”
19. Alabama meets Georgia State tonight in the South Regional final of the NIT Season Tip-Off.
20. With a victory tonight against Prairie View A&M, Texas A&M would be 4-0 for the first time since 2009-2010 season.
21. Auburn tries to improve its defense tonight against Jacksonville State after giving up more than 100 points to Northwestern State.
22. Kentucky plays UT-Arlington tonight. Keep your eye on the body language of Andrew and Aaron Harrison.
23. Mississippi State will start Trivante Bloodman at point guard tonight against Mississippi Valley State.
24. Tradition upset at Arkansas - hog call drowned out by music over loud speakers.
25. Our roundup of Monday night SEC basketball.
26. LSU faces New Orleans tonight. In two games this year, Tigers are averaging 53.5 rebounds.
27. Moment of silence tonight before tonight’s LSU game for former Tiger AD Joe Dean.
28. Ron Higgins fondly recalls his former neighbor. “Mr. Dean – well, it took me a long time to comfortably address him as `Joe’ – had this magical way of bringing out the best in me.”
29. Mark Story: “He had a voice more gravelly than a country road and a penchant for the corny but memorable catch phrase.
30. Ed Orgeron wants to remain as the head coach at Southern Cal.
32. Jeremy Fowler: If you can’t beat Saban at football, try dancing.
|Post Comments »||One Comment|