November 20th, 2013 12:30 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Auburn, Mississippi State, NCAA, South Carolina, Sports Illustrated
1. Is Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron one of the best ever? Sports Illustrated asks the question.
2. Does Johnny Manziel become the Heisman favorite if A&M wins its last two games?
3. Last time Texas A&M traveled to LSU was 1994. Tiger Stadium had 12,000 fewer seats back then.
4. LSU’s Jerald Hawkins and A&M’s Gavin Stansbury have been rivals since high school.
5. Aggies defensive coordinator Mark Snyder on coach Kevin Sumlin: “He’s a little bit like Justin Bieber when he goes out in Houston.”
6. Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze on Missouri: “There are really no weaknesses in this Missouri squad.”
7. Does Missouri feel the pressure of having to win out to win the SEC East? Gary Pinkel: “I will be really disappointed if we put all those kind of pressures on ourselves.” If the Tigers do pull it off, Pinkel will have some bonus money coming his way.
8. Kansas City Star on Missouri’s quarterbacks: “As well as Mauk played, he wasn’t consistently better than Franklin. There’s simply no debating that.” MrSEC: “Pinkel is wise to go back to Franklin…Playing Mauk could create a lot more troubles than it’s worth.”
9. As a player and coach, Steve Spurrier has been to six Sugar Bowls. South Carolina has a shot at its first.
10. Why shouldn’t Alabama linebacker C.J. Mosley be in the Heisman discussion?
11. Headline: “Tide not looking past Chattanooga to the Iron Bowl.” Of course not, they’re only a 49-point favorite.
12. Of all the Georgia gut-wrenching losses since 1981 - which one tops the list?
13. Name of the play that beat Georgia Saturday? Auburn coach Gus Malzhan calls it “Little Rock.”
14. Georgia took a late lead Saturday against Auburn on an Aaron Murray touchdown. Auburn linebacker Jake Holland believes he stopped him short of the goal line.
15. Murray doesn’t think Dee Ford’s game-ending hit Saturday deserved a targeting call. His coach is not so sure.
16. Kentucky coach Mark Stoops on the Georgia QB: ”Murray’s just a very special quarterback.”
17. Mark Richt says no black jerseys for Georgia Saturday against Kentucky.
18. Vanderbilt quarterback Austyn Carta-Samuels on wide receiver Jordan Matthews: “I don’t see any weaknesses.”
19. Arkansas offensive coordinator Jim Chaney on turnovers: “It’s been our Achilles’ heel all season.” Mississippi State’s defense has seven takeaways the last two games.
20. Progress for the offense at Florida? Gators scored a first-half touchdown against South Carolina for the first time in five games.
21. Will either Florida or Mississippi State make a bowl this season? MrSEC’s Josh Ward is among those with an opinion.
22. Neither Jadeveon Clowney nor running back Mike Davis practiced Tuesday for South Carolina. Clowney has bone spurs in his foot. Davis has an ankle injury.
23. The extent of Austyn Carta-Samuel’s leg injury is unknown but the Vandy QB says he’s ready to go: “There is nothing that is going to carry over into the Tennessee game that we have to worry about from my perspective.”
24. Arkansas cornerback Will Hines could be back in the starting lineup Saturday against Missisippi State. Hoping to return from a broken wrist suffered against Florida back in October.
25. No broken bones or ligament damage for Florida point guard Kasey Hill.
26. Auburn forward Chris Griffin taking indefinite leave from the team - personal family issue.
27. Suspended Texas A&M guard J-Mychal Reese will return to the lineup Sunday.
28. Our roundup of Tuesday night SEC hoops.
29. Two former Vanderbilt players sue the NCAA over concussions.
30. Time for the NCAA to review its concussion policy?
31. Any publicity is good publicity apparently. Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy on the Sports Illustrated expose: “I think it helped us in recruiting.”
|Post Comments »||Comments (3)|