June 5th, 2013 12:01 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Andy Staples, Auburn, Goodbye Gordon Gee, Gus Malzahn, Longhorn Network, Matt Hayes, Paul Finebaum, SEC
1. Georgia coach Mark Richt on the one-game suspension for Josh Harvey-Clemons: “Even if Josh was starting for us, he’s a pretty inexperienced player right now.”
2. Richt on the season opener against Clemson: “I know both teams will be highly ranked, highly motivated.”
3. Georgia receiver Malcolm Mitchell on the transition facing freshman players: “It’s going to be a tough transition for a lot of people.”
4. South Carolina defensive coordinator Lorenzo Ward compares Jadeveon Clowney to former Alabama player Derrick Thomas: ”They’re both freakish athletes, but I’ve seen Jadeveon do some things that I didn’t even see Derrick Thomas do.”
5. Auburn had two backup linebackers transfer but coach Gus Malzahn says he isn’t worried about depth.
8. Record-attendance at Ole Miss camp.
9. Is Bowling Green a trap game for Mississippi State in October?
11. Seats near the 50-yard line will cost about $4,000 at the renovated Kyle Field.
12. Updated look at opening week kickoff times.
13. David Climer on SEC scheduling: “Do what you must, SEC, but keep the traditional rivalries intact.”
14. Phil Steele’s preseason All-American teams feature plenty of SEC names.
15. Panel discussion on the integration of football programs at Alabama and Auburn will be moderated by Paul Finebaum.
16. Why the NFL doesn’t need as much contact in practice as college? ”When players get to the NFL, they actually know what they’re doing,”
17. It appears offensive coordinators have the edge over their defensive counterparts when it comes to getting a head coaching job.l
18. Not so fast. Former Missouri guard Michael Dixon hasn’t committed to Memphis just yet. Not getting any support from Mizzou. ”[Missouri A.D. Mike Alden] shredded him to my AD — just absolutely shredded him.”
19. Once Memphis transfer Antonio Barton completes three online courses - he’s free to enroll at Tennessee.
20. Mark Wiedmar on the troubles facing Alabama basketball player Devonta Pollard and former Auburn player Varez Ward: ”They’re basketball players rather than football players, which means most of the league’s fan bases will never know it happened.”
21. Kevin Scarbinsky: “At Alabama, baseball and men’s basketball have fallen behind in the chase for championships.”
Goodbye Gordon Gee
24. Matt Hayes: ”Ohio State has become bellwether in college sports; the powerful, prosperous program you follow to just watch it trip up—and then revel in its misery.”
25. Andy Staples: “When we in sports media see a major public figure bashing Notre Dame AND the SEC at the same time, it’s like hitting the Web traffic lottery. Gee never stood a chance.”
26. Former Tennessee coach Lane Kiffin on the hot seat at Southern Cal?
|Post Comments »||No Comments|