April 13th, 2012 12:17 PM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Tags: Antonio Goodwin, Bobby Lowder, Knile Davis, NFL
1. Nick Saban is excited about this year’s A-Day game.
2. The defense team for ex-Auburn player Antonio Goodwin did not call Gene Chizik or Trooper Taylor to the stand.
3. The Tigers’ A-Day game will feature a host of young D-linemen.
4. Question: Will Auburn athletics be as strong without uber-booster Bobby Lowder on the school’s board of trustees?
5. This writer says Arkansas needs a new coach right now, not an interim. (Yep, short-term, panicked reactions often turn out better than long-term, planned actions.)
6. AD Jeff Long tweeted last night that he’s made no decision on whether to go the interim route or not.
7. He has met with star running back Knile Davis who — like quarterback Tyler Wilson — has no plans to enter the NFL’s supplemental draft.
8. Meanwhile, Bobby Petrino’s phone records show that he exchanged more than 200 texts and photos with a 26-year-old female employee of the state’s Republican Party who also happens to do some nude modeling, apparently. (Next stop: Tiger Woodsville.)
9. Whoever lands the LSU basketball job will be short on players and pressed for time on the recruiting front.
10. Senior corner Corey Broomfield is a leader for Mississippi State.
11. MSU will hold their second scrimmage of the spring tonight.
12. Ole Miss coaches believe defensive end CJ Johnson is “special” and is “going to be an NFL guy.”
13. Hugh Freeze moved Randall Mackey from quarterback to receiver in the hopes of giving his offense some spark.
14. Texas A&M was “always an SEC school,” they “just didn’t know it.” (We’ve been writing that very thing since way back in 2009.)
15. Aggie running back Christine Michael is looking strong this spring (despite being named “Christine”).
|Post Comments »||One Comment|