June 8th, 2011 09:20 AM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Tennessee
Tags: AM, Apparently Wes Rucker, Pat Forde, UT
What say we just knock most of the Mike Hamilton news out of the way in one AM post?
1. A recap of Hamilton’s comments along with a breakdown of his $1.3 million parting gift can be found here.
2. David Climer of The Tennessean tries to divine what Hamilton’s departure might mean for UT’s NCAA appointment this week.
3. Andrew Gribble of The Knoxville News Sentinel says there’s no guarantee Hamilton’s move will help.
4. John Adams, also of The Sentinel, rips Tennessee for giving it’s outgoing AD a severance package.
5. Ron Higgins of The Memphis Commercial-Appeal suggests Tennessee put women’s AD Joan Cronan and Lady Vols coach Pat Summitt in charge.
6. Megan Boehnke talks with some UT donors about Hamilton’s exit and about who should fill his shoes.
7. Well now wait a second. Hamilton’s coaches are saying good things about him. What kind of people would say anything nice today?
8. Apparently Wes Rucker of 247Sports.com didn’t get the “trash Hamilton” message either. He writes a piece that examines what kind of man Hamilton is.
Okay, now back to the really ugly rip jobs…
9. John Clay of The Lexington Herald-Leader eviscerates Hamilton and says Kentucky fans will miss him.
10. Pat Forde of ESPN.com says Hamilton’s departure should have come months ago.
And everyone but the janitor at CBSSports.com has a take on UT’s soon-to-be-ex-AD:
|Post Comments »||Comments (2)|