June 1st, 2013 10:45 AM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Auburn, Backup Arkansas, Barry Alvarez, Central Arkansas, Gordon Gee, Mookie Blaylock, Ole Miss, SEC, Zack Blaylock
1. SEC going to start taking more control over which SEC teams go to which bowls. Mike Slive: “If people aren’t happy where they go to a bowl game now, they blame me…I might as well take some of the responsibility.”
2. LSU A.D. Joe Alleva on ending permanent cross-division opponents: ”We haven’t lost the battle so that’s a real win. Nothing has been finalized. It will continue to be discussed.”
3. Texas A&M president R. Bowen Loftin on the rivalry with Texas: “It isn’t relevant to us anymore.”
4. According to Ohio State president Gordon Gee, Wisconsin A.D. Barry Alvarez though current Arkansas and former Wisconsin coach Bret Bielema was a “thug.” Alvarez: ”I have never said that about Bret…” Bielema gets apology from Gee.
5. Aggies A.D. Eric Hyman on student-population growth and stadium expansion: ”The school is growing by leaps and bounds. It’s over 50,000 students so the number of alumni in the future is going to be astronomical.”
7. The father of Kentucky twins Daron and Zack Blaylock, former NBA star Mookie Blaylock, involved in head-on collision – “guarded but critical condition.”
8. Senior cornerback Louis Covington has left the Ole Miss football team.
9. Ole Miss linebacker Denzel Nkemdiche: “I’m able to be more vocal because I have more confidence.”
10. Backup Auburn linebackers Harris Gaston and Chris Landrum reportedly transferring to Jacksonville State.
11. Backup Arkansas quarterback Taylor Reed transferring to Central Arkansas.
12. Missouri and Arkansas set to become new permanent rivals - “ Ozarkalypse” ?
13. This year’s $20.7 million payout to each of the SEC schools is more than 100% jump since the league signed TV deals with ESPN and CBS in 2009-10.
14. Missouri and Texas A&M getting full shares from the SEC. West Virginia and TCU received half shares from the Big 12.
15. Other conferences want SEC teams on their schedule: “Your brand exposure increases dramatically by playing an SEC team.”
16. District attorney wants Harvey Updyke to pay approximately $1 million in restitution for poisoning Toomer’s Oaks.
17. Alabama A.D. Bill Battle on adjusting to his new role: “In the last four weeks, I’ve been in more meetings than I have in the last 20 years,”
18. Look for Cam Newton’s line of shoes on Auburn cheerleaders this fall.
19. NCAA relaxing rules toward food and clothing for athletes?
20. Making moonshine is legal in Tennessee and gaining in popularity around the country.
21. Ten reasons why people are moving to Texas.
|Post Comments »||One Comment|