1. Steve Spurrier on the crowd noise at LSU: “We won’t be able to audible like we did last week.”
2. Ron Morris on the Gamecocks: “Because of its defense, there is no game on USC’s schedule that cannot be won.”
3. Best team in the East -South Carolina or Florida?
4. Turning a weakness into a strength. Florida on third-and-short first three games – 22 percent. Last two games? 100 percent conversion.
5. Florida offensive coordinator Brent Pease: “Mass kicks a$%”
6. Will Muschamp on running successfully out of the I-formation: “It’s really, really hard against good people.”
7. Vanderbilt’s James Franklin knows what to expect from Florida: “Offensively, they are going to try and run it down your throat…”
8. Georgia’s offensive line finds a silver lining in their performance against South Carolina: “We kept fighting. We could have just laid down and gone three-and-out and just gotten off the field and that would have been the end of the game, but we kept driving.”
9. Tennessee quarterback Tyler Bray: “As a quarterback, you feel like you can make every throw at any time, regardless of if he’s triple-covered or not.”
10. The only Tennessee fan with a cowbell.
11. Nick Saban on Missouri’s offense: “This is probably one of the most challenging offenses philosophically in terms of no-huddle, lots of different formations, lots of motions, lots of adjustments for the defense to make.” The Tigers haven’t scored more than 20 points in three SEC games.
12. Hard to score points when you struggle even snapping the ball to your quarterback.
13. Three Kentucky players charged with marijuana possession enter not guilty pleas.
14. UK putting all their eggs in the Jalen Whitlow basket this weekend?
15. Big plays can beat Tennessee, but can Mississippi State deliver them? Dan Mullen: “It’s hard to consistently rely on the big play.”
16. The Ole Miss offense is best in the SEC at third-down conversions.
17. Quarterback Bo Wallace’s sister undergoes surgery after a car accident – suffers a broken neck.
18. Just hours after an interstate accident, Tyler Wilson was back at practice for the Arkansas Razorbacks.
19. Both Wilson and Paul Petrino like having the offensive coordinator up in the pressbox than down on the field.
20. With Auburn off to a 1-4 start, the inevitable questions are starting to be asked about Gene Chizik.
21. Chizik on Auburn’s starting quarterback: “We’ll make a decision later in the week.”
22. The struggling LSU offense is ninth in the conference overall – ranked 12th in passing offense. Quarterback Zach Mettenberger: “I can assure you that all of our mistakes are correctable.”
23. Scot Rabalais on the Tigers’ offense: “Still wandering in the wilderness.”
24. Matt Hayes: “Who exactly has Alabama beaten?”
25. When his father and coach Sal Sunseri left for Tennessee, why did son Vinnie stay at Alabama? “Coach Saban is the reason I stayed here,” Sunseri said. “He’s one of the best DB coaches out there and I just wanted to learn from the best.”
26. Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin expects quite a challenge from the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs – 5-0 and ranked at No. 23. “They’re probably ranked a little low.”
27. Coaches on the hot seat in the SEC could spell opportunity for coaches in the Sun Belt. Here are some of the coaches they could be replacing.
28. Gary Pinkel, Nick Saban and the Don James influence. Saban: ” In fact, when I first started coaching, Don James was so well organized that I just assumed that any place that you went, that’s how everybody did it.”
29. Former Auburn running back Michael Dyer and his new life at Arkansas Baptist: “He can play football. We already know that. That will handle itself. But we want Michael to develop his character.
30. Is Cam Newton the next Vince Young?
31. Bowl projections from the Sporting News.
32. Terry Bowden on the 1993 Auburn team that was on probation heading into the Georgia game with a 9-0 record. “I said, ‘If you win, we’ll get you a ring. We’re not allowed to say, ‘SEC Champs.’ It’s going to say, ‘Best in the SEC. On the Field.’” Auburn won the game 42-28.
34. Spending on athletics at FBS schools rose at a greater rate than overall institutional expenses in 2010-2011
35. Mrs. Jay Barker – aka country singer and Missouri native Sara Evans - will sing the national anthem before the Alabama-Missouri game Saturday.
36. Georgia tight end Jay Rome could be on the basketball court for the Bulldogs by the time of their SEC opener.
37. Billy Donovan, the son of Florida coach Billy Donovan, has joined the Gators as a walk-on.
38. “Is it better to sit but wear a Kentucky uniform or play for another, perhaps lesser, program?”