October 14th, 2011 11:56 AM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Tags: Brandon Gainer, Chris Marve, Josh Clemons, Kentucky Joker Phillips
1. The NCAA is considering cutting the number of scholarships in football from 85 to 80. (Such a move would further help smaller schools catch up to bigger schools. But it would also make it easier for those big schools to provide full-cost scholarships.)
2. Florida’s Jacoby Brissett will get the start against Auburn, but Jeff Driskel is expected to get some time at quarterback, too.
3. The Gators have been plagued by penalties this season.
4. Mark Richt wants his team to do a better job of finishing games.
5. Freshman tailback Isaiah Crowell didn’t know how “much pressure is on you” in the SEC.
6. Kentucky’s Joker Phillips had praise this week for tailback Brandon Gainer, a player who could help replace injured tailback Josh Clemons.
7. Carolina — and sophomore quarterback Connor Shaw — will kick off a streak of three straight road games tomorrow in Starkville.
8. The Cocks will look to build off of last week’s strong offensive effort.
9. With LSU on tap this week, Tennessee players have had to re-live the agony of last year’s loss.
10. Cuonzo Martin says his Vol basketball team must do five things if it’s to surprise some people this season.
11. Chris Marve isn’t the only Vanderbilt linebacker who’s been playing well.
12. Vandy will show of its basketball team to fans tonight.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|