November 3rd, 2011 03:50 PM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, LSU
Tags: Brent Musburger, Bryant Denny Stadium, Eddie Lacy, LSU
Line watch: No movement today, the line is at Alabama -4.5 for the second consecutive day. It opened at Bama -4 and then moved to -5 before settling in at the current position.
Ticket watch: According to StubHub.com, the highest price for tickets is $1,177 a piece for four in the lower level of Bryant-Denny Stadium. Earlier this week two tickets were going for more than $10,000 a pop.
And now the headlines…
1. Trent Richardson will take to the Heisman stage on Saturday.
2. CBS’ Gary Danielson says “this game means everything.”
3. SEC coaches weigh in on the game and its significance.
4. Florida’s Trey Burton said Alabama’s defense is better than LSU’s… “hands down, a lot better.”
5. Bama backup tailback Eddie Lacy had a noticeable limp at practice yesterday.
6. ESPN’s Kirk Herbstreit says he and Brent Musburger will have the LSU-Bama game on while they’re calling Oklahoma State-Kansas State.
7. The Tigers’ offseason work led to a leaner, tougher defense in 2011.
8. John Chavis will probably use more of his base defense against the Tide.
9. Nick Saban and Les Miles have both been highly successful, but they have two different approaches to life and football.
10. What if Miles were Alabama’s head coach?
11. LSU’s been rolling since last year’s win over the Crimson Tide.
12. Is Bama’s D an all-time great… or just very good and fortunate?
13. Saban isn’t ready to crown his defense just yet.
14. If the Tide wins Saturday, give some credit to their mental conditioning coach.
15. Last year’s fourth-down gamble against Bama changed everything for Miles.
BONUS — Writers for The Sporting News have made their predictions.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|