January 31st, 2011 01:48 PM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Tags: Burton Burns, Jon Solomon, Lance Ray, Larry Brown
1. Kudos to Jon Solomon of The Birmingham News for trying to count up all the juco signees in America over the past few years. His conclusion: Most SEC schools sign an average of two per year.
2. Alabama assistant Burton Burns has been ranked as one of the nation’s top recruiters.
3. This site is relentless in its attempts to take down Auburn’s football program.
4. Arkansas’ win at Vanderbilt on Saturday gave the Hogs a 25 spot bounce in the latest RPI rankings.
5. UA’s Rotnei Clarke was named the SEC’s Player of the Week.
6. There’s no official word yet on the discipline Razorback receiver Lance Ray will face after being arrested for having a joint in his dorm room this weekend.
7. John Calipari says Larry Brown told him that Andy Kennedy “can really coach.” Tell that to angry Rebel fans who aren’t happy about a 1-5 league mark.
8. Ole Miss is calling on fans to wear red for a “red out” against Kentucky tomorrow night.
9. Mississippi State got a much-needed win over Florida on Saturday but the Dogs still need to get better defensively.
10. In case you didn’t know, the SEC West stinks in basketball this year.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|