February 24th, 2011 11:23 AM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Tags: Casey Prather, SEC, Steve Spurrier, UF
1. For a change, Florida isn’t feeling bubble pressure as it heads into a late-season showdown with Georgia tonight.
2. Casey Prather will likely start in place of the injured Chandler Parsons tonight…
3. But Parsons could still see some action.
4. Putting the cart ahead of the horse: Might an NCAA Tournament berth in nearby Tampa actually be a bad thing for UF?
5. The Georgia basketball team is still angling for a first-round bye in the SEC tourney.
6. Getting some more help from the bench would help the Bulldogs’ chances of earning such a bye.
7. Kentucky’s loss at Arkansas last night marked the first time since the league expanded that UK has lost six SEC road games in a season… and it also showed that the Cats really aren’t improving.
8. Brandon Knight — after a 26-point effort — missed three potential game-winning shots in the final seconds of overtime.
9. Steve Spurrier thinks “John Butler is an excellent special teams coach.” Good thing, ’cause he hired him yesterday.
10. Read this story about former South Carolina O-lineman Garrett Chisholm and you’ll be pulling for him at this week’s NFL combine.
11. Tennessee didn’t report Bruce Pearl’s violation of the “bump rule” because it didn’t believe there was a violation.
12. But that potential violation has certainly caught the attention of the media. (And the NCAA.)
13. Here’s an excellent wrap of yesterday’s events…
14. And the possible punishments Tennessee could be facing.
|Post Comments »||One Comment|