August 7th, 2012 12:45 PM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Auburn, Charles Sawyer, Dak Prescott, Tenarius Wright
1. Alabama players are counting on Nick Saban to fix any problems with the Tide’s secondary.
2. Brian VanGorder has brought a new defense and a new attitude to Auburn.
3. Arkansas’ linebacker Tenarius Wright left practice yesterday after a collision with Knile Davis.
4. LSU coaches are taking a long look at their speedy freshman linebackers.
5. Dak Prescott may be a backup quarterback, but he’s prepping as if he’s to be Mississippi State’s starter.
6. MSU’s nonconference basketball schedule is set.
7. Ole Miss safety Charles Sawyer will be out four-to-six weeks and receiver Collins Moore might miss the season due to injuries. (Very bad news for the Hugh Freeze.)
8. Texas A&M’s O-line is gearing up to face the SEC’s vaunted D-lines.
9. Florida’s Will Muschamp says there’s “absolutely zero evidence” that highly penalized teams can’t win championships. (You don’t hear coaches say that very often.)
10. Georgia’s defensive line coach Rodney Garner: “Evil” or just doling out “thug love?”
11. Ten things learned from Kentucky’s first week of practice.
12. UK returned 2,000 tickets for the Cats’ season-opening game at Louisville. (Not a good sign for Joker Phillips.)
13. South Carolina running back Marcus Lattimore will have to trust his surgically-repaired knee.
14. Defensive end Corey Miller is glad to be back with Tennessee’s team after academic issues in the spring.
15. The Vol basketball team explored the sites of Rome yesterday as they kicked off an Italian hoops tour.
16. Vanderbilt linebacker Archibald Barnes wants to “get on everybody’s radar” this season.
17. Missouri is already experiencing attrition on the offensive line.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|