December 5th, 2012 01:15 PM║ Posted By: MrSEC.com ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Charles Alexander, Denard Robinson, Laurence Bowers, NCAA, Wendell Lewis
1. Two million viewers tuned in to the SEC Championship game - most-watched college football game this year
2. One year ago today, Hugh Freeze was hired at Ole Miss.
3. Archie Manning on Freeze: ”I had met Hugh, but in the interview process I got to know him better and what was going on in my head is that this guy is a coach. I just say that with the utmost respect.”
4. Florida true freshman running back Matt Jones has a bright future.
5. South Carolina’s defense will have a challenge in Michigan quarterback Denard Robinson.
6. New study refutes NCAA claim that African-American male student-athletes are 10% more likely to graduate than peers not on sports teams.
7. NCAA allows bowls to distribute up to $550 in gifts to 125 participants per school. Florida players will get watches, caps and hoodies.
8. The costs per wins at each FBS school based on head-coaches salaries. From $2.5 million at Kansas to just over $27,000 at Kent State. Gene Chizik second at more than $1.1 million.
9. Coaches make their selection for All-SEC teams.
10. Alabama center Barret Jones wins the Campbell Trophy and has some fun in the process. ”There’s been this linebacker from Notre Dame who’s been giving me weird looks the whole time.”
11. South Carolina’s Jadeveon Clowney named the nation’s best defensive end.
13. Former Tennessee coach Phillip Fulmer inducted into College Football Hall of Fame Tuesday night. Tennessee went 45-4 from 1995 to 1998.
14. Former LSU running Charles Alexander also inducted - two-time All-American in the late 1970′s.
15. Missouri 81 – Southeast Missouri State 65. Down 10 points at half, Tigers rally behind career-high 26 points from Laurence Bowers.
16. Mississippi State 53 – UT San Antonio 42. Career-high 20 points for Wendell Lewis.
17. Arkansas 81 – Oklahoma 78. 33 points for Marshawn Powell leads the Razorbacks.
18. Georgia Tech 62 – Georgia 54. Scoring again an issue for the Bulldogs – drop to to 2-6.
19. Kentucky 88 – Samford 56. John Calipari declares “Camp Cal” - three weeks of running at 7:00 a.m. ”Heart rates will be high.”
20. Alabama hosts Dayton tonight. Crimson Tide coach Anthony Grant gets another shot at his alma mater.
21. Florida vs. Florida State tonight as Gators and Seminoles renew rivalry on the basketball court.
22. Tennessee travels to Virginia. Loss to Georgetown makes this one even more important for the Vols.
23. Johnny Jones has LSU off to its best start in four years.
24. Born Robert John Ludwig, 50-year old Gabrielle Ludwig is back on a college basketball court for the first time since 1980.
25. Pro athletes now hiring beat writers to cover themselves.
|Post Comments »||One Comment|