August 26th, 2011 12:09 PM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Tags: Auburn Gus Malzahn, Cuonzo Martin, East Carolina, Jordan Jefferson
1. Kentucky coaches believe Collins Ukwu can become a great defensive end.
2. If quarterback Morgan Newton doesn’t improve, UK and Joker Phillips “are in trouble.”
3. Freshman receiver Nile Daniel has returned to high school in an effort to gain his eligibility for the Cats.
4. South Carolina will use both Stephen Garcia and Connor Shaw against East Carolina.
5. This writer says Tennessee got rid of a potential distraction by booting safety Janzen Jackson.
6. Cuonzo Martin can now get to work with no fear of further NCAA punishment.
7. Vandy’s strength coach has been working over his new team.
8. Nick Saban hints at progress in Duron Carter’s eligibility case.
9. Bama has still not decided how it will use its quarterbacks.
10. Auburn’s Gus Malzahn wants to run 80 plays per game this year.
11. Gene Chizik set up a 6am practice this morning.
12. In the worst kept secret department: Tyler Wilson has finally been named Arkansas’ starting quarterback.
13. Injured tailback Knile Davis says he’ll be back faster and stronger than ever.
14. Now under arrest, Jordan Jefferson and Josh Johns have also been suspended from the LSU football team.
15. With all the mess in play in Baton Rouge, Les Miles’ new contract actually offers him more security.
16. Held back in practice, Ole Miss running back Brandon Bolden is ready for game action.
17. The grind of camp is taking its toll on the Rebels.
18. MSU’s Vick Ballard says he’ll top the 1,000-yard mark this fall.
19. Rick Stansbury is now saying he made the decision for Renardo Sidney to go to Houston rather than travel to Europe with the rest of the team.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|