May 7th, 2013 09:30 AM║ Posted By: Josh Ward ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: BCS, Brandon Allen, Edward Aschoff, SEC
1. Brandon Mitchell’s transfer puts more pressure on Arkansas quarterback Brandon Allen, writes Barrett Sallee.
2. The Arkansas News Bureau has more on the transfer of Mitchell and three other Razorbacks.
3. The price of Alabama’s trip to the BCS championship game in Miami: $3.4 million.
4. New Auburn defensive line coach Rodney Garner brings an “intense, demanding style” to the Tigers.
5. Jay Prosch was “one of the highlights of the whole spring” at H-Back for Auburn.
6. Who from the SEC will join the College Football Hall of Fame? We’ll find out today at 10:30 ET.
7. Today’s meeting in Jacksonville could be LSU’s “last defining attempt” to eliminate permanent cross-division opponents.
8. Edward Aschoff wraps up the spring looking at the SEC’s attempt for one more BCS title.
9. More good news for Kentucky football player Ashely Lowery: He’s expected to make a “full” recovery.
10. Tennessee coach Butch Jones has turned his team over to the players, writes Mike Strange.
11. The list of elite prospects for next year’s NFL draft does not include Johnny Manziel, according to Bucky Brooks.
12. Forward DeVon Walker has decided to transfer from Florida after only one season in Gainesville.
13. Marco Harris and Mark Pancratz are candidates for the Director of Basketball Operations job at Tennessee.
14. There are only two SEC teams in the early Top 25 from USA Today.
15. Tim Tebow is the most influential athlete of 2013, according to Forbes.
16. The Baltimore Sun looks at the Ravens’ attempt to turn former Ole Miss basketball player Murphy Holloway into a tight end.
17. From yesterday: A highly-touted linebacker wants out of his NLI at Florida State so he can attend Georgia or USC.
18. A tough decision awaits the NCAA regarding the Ben McLemore case, writes Jeff Eisenberg.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|