November 26th, 2013 12:30 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Auburn, Expect Auburn, Gamecocks, Iron Bowl, Jeremy Johnson, Johnny Manziel, LSU, Ole Miss
1. Would losing to Auburn be the most crushing defeat of Nick Saban’s career?
2. Saban on Auburn fullback Jay Prosch: “You can’t say enough about what that guy does for them.”
3. Expect Auburn freshman quarterback Jeremy Johnson to play in the Iron Bowl. Gus Malzahn: “We do have a plan for Jeremy, package wise, for this upcoming game.”
4. This will be the ninth Iron Bowl for defensive coordinator Ellis Johnson - but his first on the Auburn sideline.
5. Bruce Feldman: ”To me, there is a big, big difference between a one-loss team and an unbeaten team.”
6. How can Missouri stop Johnny Manziel? Defensive coordinator Dave Steckel: “I don’t think the right word is stop because you’re not going to stop Johnny Manziel.”
7. Bryan Burwell on the Tigers: “An SEC East title carries a lot more weight than a Big 12 North crown.”
8. Mark Bradley on Florida coach Will Muschamp: “I’d have fired him Saturday.”
9. Is Connor Shaw the best quarterback in South Carolina history?
10. Why the Cotton Bowl could be a destination for the Gamecocks.
11. If Mississippi State beats Ole Miss, the BBVA Compass Bowl will include the SEC.
12. Kentucky running back Raymond Sanders – the team’s leading rusher – suspended for the Tennessee game.
13. Tennessee needs a win against Kentucky to avoid the first eight-loss season in the program’s history.
14. If Arkansas loses to LSU, it will be the program’s first winless conference season since 1952.
15. Instead of two games a year, Arkansas will play just one a year in Little Rock for the next five years.
16. LSU freshman cornerback Rashard Robinson had a spectacular game against Texas A&M - held Mike Evans to four catches and intercepted a Johnny Manziel pass.
17. With quarterback Aaron Murray the latest, Georgia has had four offensive players tear their ACLs this year. Read MrSEC’s take on injuries in college football.
18. Georgia quarterback Hutson Mason will get his first start this weekend since 2009 when he was a senior in high school.
19. With Dak Prescott out with an elbow injury and Tyler Russell day-to-day, quarterback Damian Williams’ performance could have a big impact on the Egg Bowl.
20. Ole Miss quarterback Bo Wallace says his flu-like symptoms this weekend have passed.
21. Florida quarterback Tyler Murphy remains questionable - not cleared by medical staff. Full Florida injury report.
22. Tennessee coach Butch Jones confirmed Monday that freshman quarterback Riley Ferguson fractured his tibia before the Alabama game. ”Josh Dobbs will be our starting quarterback.” Tennessee has scored just three offensive touchdowns in last four games.
23. Vanderbilt is comfortable with its two quarterback system. Coach James Franklin: “I look at it as nothing but an advantage.”
24. Would South Carolina’s Jadeveon Clowney be the perfect fit…for the Atlanta Falcons?
25. After pleading guilty to trying to cover up an alleged rape, former Vanderbilt wide receiver Chris Boyd will attempt to go pro instead of transferring.
26. What are the similarities between the rape cases at Vanderbilt and Florida State? ”The biggest similarity between the two cases is secrecy.”
|Post Comments »||No Comments|