November 8th, 2011 01:01 PM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Tags: Brandon Harton, Florida John Brantley, Kevin Stallings, South Carolina
1. Florida’s John Brantley missed practice yesterday, but he is expected to be 100% on Saturday.
2. The Gators are aware of South Carolina’s quarterback issues, too.
3. Brandon Harton might have earned more playing time at Georgia after his 98-yard performance against New Mexico State on Saturday.
4. Georgia AD Greg McGarity says he’s been told the SEC will have an eight-game schedule next year. (Next year… maybe. But we’ll continue to say it’s going to a nine-game docket long-term.)
5. Kentucky will need a solid effort to knock off an improved Vanderbilt on Saturday.
6. The Wildcats roasted Morehouse College 125-40 in a hoops exhibition last night and John Calipari even admitted that his team “looked like a pretty good zone team.”
7. South Carolina quarterback Connor Shaw has been medically cleared and is expected to play Saturday after experiencing a concussion last weekend.
8. Steve Spurrier says his seventh game against Florida will be just another game.
9. Tennessee’s Tyler Bray had the cast removed from his broken thumb, but he still appeared unable to rip a football this morning.
10. The basketball Vols held of a rally from Division II LMU to win their final exhibition game 76-67 last night.
11. Mike Slive is trying to put together a meeting to discuss schedules, but Vandy’s de facto AD says he believes the league will stick with an eight-game league schedule.
12. Kevin Stallings used a number of lineups in a 102-62 exhibition win over Xavier of Louisiana last night.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|