May 17th, 2013 04:15 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
Tags: Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, LSU
1. Columbia, South Carolina defensive end Christian Miller has decommitted from Florida. ”After a lot of hard thinking and discussions with my parents, I have respectfully decided to open my recruitment back up,” he posted on his Facebook page. He had previously mentioned Alabama, Florida State and Georgia as schools pursing him. Florida now has eight commitments in its 2014 class.
2. Bossier City, Louisiana quarterback Robert Harris has a top seven - LSU, Alabama, Ohio State, Texas A&M, Auburn, Ole Miss and Baylor. He unveiled his list last night at his spring game. LSU offensive coordinator Cam Cameron and area recruiter and tight ends coach Steve Ensminger were on hand to watch him to perform. Harris says he’ll make a decision on July 18.
3. Opelika, Alabama tight end Jakell Mitchell has picked an offer from the Crimson Tide. He has also offers from Auburn, LSU, Florida, Florida State, among others. Mitchel’s teammate, Stephen Roberts, committed to Alabama in April.
4. Alabama coach Nick Saban was asked about recruiting in Georgia Thursday night. ”It’s (Atlanta) the city in the South, and it’s three hours from Tuscaloosa. It’s important for us to do a good job here. There’s a lot of great (high school) programs and a lot of good players, so we’ve had a lot of good players from here. I think there’s five starters on our team from this area.”
5. Georgia has a rooting interest in the fate of five-star linebacking prospect Matthew Thomas. He signed with Florida State in February but now says he wants to play at either Georgia or Southern Cal.
6. Florence, Alabama quarterback Kendrick Doss has offers from Auburn, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Tennessee and Georgia Tech. Considered a duel threat quarterback, here’s how Doss’s high school coach described him: ”Kendrick’s the type kid, like Cam Newton and a lot of other guys, that can develop into a pro-style quarterback. He’s big enough to stand in the pocket. He’s tall enough to see over offensive lines. I think this kid could very easily adapt to a pro-style offense.”
7. District of Columbia metro area linebacker/safety Kobie Walker committed to Kentucky earlier this week. He’s hoping to open a regional pipeline to the Bluegrass state. “You don’t see a lot of players come from the DMV and go to Kentucky, so hopefully this will start a new trend. Walker had narrowed his list to Kentucky, Miami and West Virginia before choosing UK.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|