March 3rd, 2013 07:01 PM║ Posted By: MrSEC.com ║ Permalink
Tags: Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, LSU, Recruiting Headline News
1. Florida State’s loss is Auburn’s gain as the Tigers land their first commitment in the class of 2014. Prattville, Alabama running back Kamryn Pettway, rated a 4-star recruit by Rivals, made the decision Sunday morning after a visit with coach Gus Malzahn. “I always wanted to play in the SEC. I like the spirit of Auburn.”
2. Prichard, Alabama defensive end Justin Thornton has a new top five that now includes Texas A&M. In addition to the Aggies, Thornton lists Florida, Auburn, LSU and Southern Cal as his favorite schools. His offer from A&M booted Florida State out of his top five.
3. Texas A&M has picked up three recruits in its 2014 class. The Dallas Morning News says West Mesquite safety Dylan Sumner-Gardner, Nederland defensive tackle DeShawn Washington andNorth Forney athlete Armani Watts all gave oral commitments on Saturday.
4. Winter Park, Florida defensive end Trent Harris got an offer from Florida on Friday. On Saturday, Alabama offered Harris. Crimson Tide defensive line coach Chris Rumph made the offer. ”It’s a big shock. I just feel blessed and thankful. I give all the glory to God.” Harris, who has offers from Florida State, Georgia, Boston College and Kentucky, is scheduled to visit South Carolina later this month.
5. A recruiting analyst tells a Baton Rouge columnist that scholarship offers like the one 14-year old Dylan Moses has received from both Alabama and LSU may become the norm for top-level recruits. “Look at the Ed Paris commitment,” said 247 recruiting analyst Shea Dixon. “LSU offered him coming out of his ninth-grade year.”
6. AL.com reports that the top two overall performers at the Nike Sparq Combine in Atlanta were Knoxville, Tennessee running back Daryl Rollins, and Ponte Vedra (Fla.) linebacker Dillon Bates. Bates is the son of former Tennessee Vol and Dallas Cowboys star Bill Bates. He holds early offers from Florida, Miami, Notre Dame and Ohio State and has received interest from Alabama.
7. Missouri made a recruiting splash last year when it landed Dorial Green-Beckham. Now Beckham’s younger brother will be joining him in Columbia. Beckham’s father and high school coach confirmed the news Saturday night. Darnell Green-Beckham, like his older brother, is a wide receiver. Missouri also got a commitment from Columbia tight end Grant Jones. He’s the son of Mizzou running backs coach Brian Jones. The Tigers now have three commitments for the class of 2014.
8. Here’s a list of recruits that visited Arkansas this weekend.
|Post Comments »||Comments (2)|