May 9th, 2013 12:29 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Ashely Lowery, Auburn, Former Arkansas, Georgia, ICU, Louisiana Tech, Mike Bianchi, Northwestern State, Ole Miss
1. Kentucky defensive back Ashely Lowery, injured in a car wreck over the weekend, is out of ICU and in a regular hospital room. Could be leaving soon. “We’re hoping by the end of the week.”
2. Seth Emerson imagines a nine-game SEC schedule for Georgia where the Bulldogs have only five games in Athens. ”That would be hard for UGA to stomach.”
3. Mike Bianchi on Florida coach Will Muschamp: “Does Gator Nation realize how much in demand Muschamp is – and will be?”
4. Muschamp on Twitter – why do they call it a hashtag?
5. Kevin Sumlin on expectations for his A&M team. ”This is a team that didn’t play in a BCS game. It’s a good place to start, but it’s not a good place to end.”
6. Dan Mullen on expectations at Mississippi State. “Eight wins is kind of a baseline for us…”
7. No tight end or primary H-back has caught more than 24 passes with Gus Malzahn as coach.
8. Ole Miss depth chart released – only members of top-10 recruiting class to show up are those already enrolled.
9. Former Arkansas quarterback Brandon Mitchell reportedly considering five schools - South Florida, NC State, UAB, Louisiana Tech and Northwestern State. Some other schools being mentioned.
10. Tennessee defensive back Daniel Gray is transferring.
11. Georgia defensive coordinator Todd Grantham on Vanderbilt: “They compete and they’re very competitive.”
12. With the North Carolina game set for 2015 in Charlotte – here’s a look at South Carolina’s non-conference schedule for the next three seasons.
13. Opening weekend of the 2013 college football season features both South Carolina/North Carolina and Ole Miss/Vanderbilt on ESPN Thursday night.
14. ESPN’s Chris Low ranks the top 20 SEC prospects for the 2014 NFL draft.
SEC Athletic Department Revenues – (our breakdown from yesterday)
15. Alabama’s athletic department has now generated $100 million + in revenue for five straight years.
16. Auburn cracked the top 10 nationally – school record $105.9 million in 2012.
17. Not included in the numbers for Ole Miss - $11 million in contributions held at the Ole Miss Athletics Foundation. School will change the way it reports next year.
18. Father of Trae Golden disputes notion of academic problems at Tennessee for his son – calls reports “totally inaccurate.”
19. Incoming freshman Darius Thompson expected to get first crack at replacing Golden. Coach Cuonzo Martin: ”We feel great about him.” Jordan McRae invited to Kevin Durant Skills Academy.
20. Making the case for a practice facility at Arkansas.
21. Georgia assistant coach Kwanza Johnson still weighing possible move to TCU.
22. Missouri will play in the Continental Tire Las Vegas Invitational in November.
23. NCAA Study: Gambling among men who play Division I sports fell from 58 percent to 50 percent from 2008 to 2012.
24. Claim: The players in those college football video games? Oh, they’re real (and spectacular).
25. Does Tim Tebow have a future as a baseball player?
|Post Comments »||One Comment|