1. Georgia cornerback Sanders Commings arrested on domestic violence charges. More here and here.
2. South Carolina freshman safety Brison Williams indefinitely suspended for “conduct detrimental to the team.”
3. Kevin Scarbinsky on Nick Saban and Alabama: ”Two out of three is more than special. Three out of four is more than possible.”
4. Saban gets the Gatorade treatment – this time full of confetti.
5. A 1-for-6 passing day at the East-West Shrine all-star game for former Florida QB John Brantley.
6. A touchdown pass in the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl for former LSU Tiger Jarrett Lee.
7. Former Tennessee runing back Tauren Poole has 17 rushing yards, 14 receiving yards in the game – wins the Pat Tillman award. Former Vols Lennon Creer and BJ Coleman also see action.
8. Former Tennessee defensive coordinator Justin Wilcox will make the identical salary in Washington that he earned in Knoxville.
9. Former Gator Janoris Jenkins is headed to the Senior Bowl.
10. New coaches for both the line and the running backs mean a fresh start for the Tennessee rushing game.
11. Kentucky 77 – Alabama 71. Wildcats make 23-of-29 second-half free throws. 47 straight at home for Kentucky.
12. What’s the deal with UK fans? John Calipari: “What’s happened to us is, we’re all spoiled.”
13. Auburn 63- South Carolina 52. Trailing by four at half, Tigers go on huge second-half run. Gamecocks only winless team in SEC play.
14. Arkansas 66 – Michigan 64. Razorbacks hit their first 11 shots of the game as Arkansas plays in front of the largest home crowd of the season. Razorbacks best home-start since the 1997-1998 season.
15. Tennessee 60 – UConn 57. A change in the starting lineup a key for the Vols in the upset win. Jarnell Stokes and his size 20 shoes are having a huge impact. Does he make the Vols a Tourney Team?
16. Ole Miss 66 – Georgia 63. Rebels withstand furious last-minute rally by the Bulldogs. Mark Fox: “We didn’t deserve to have a chance to win it, in my opinion.”
17. Florida 76 – LSU 64. Erving Walker scores eight of Florida’s last 10 points and Patric Young provides a spark off the bench. Kenny Boynton’s 3-point streak comes to an end.
18. Mississippi State 78 – Vanderbilt 77 (OT). Bulldogs overcome 11-point first-half deficit.
19. Sixth overtime loss in a row for Vandy.
20. Gary Parrish: “These often described unreliable and uncomposed Bulldogs came into one of the biggest homecourt advantages in the SEC and exited with a victory that oddsmakers didn’t believe they’d get before tip…”
21. Deville Smith misses Vanderbilt game with headaches and dizziness. Uncertain for LSU on Wednesday.
22. Joe Paterno in “serious” condition. Update: Joe Paterno dies at the age of 85.
23. Will “SEC fatigue” bring changes to college football?