1. Asked about allegations surrounding the program, Auburn coach Gus Malzahn defers to the school’s administration. Phone records obtained Friday showed he made more than 90 calls to Dakota Mosley’s father. Malzahn told ESPN he met with Mosley regarding depression.
2. Kevin Scarbinsky on Auburn’s rapid response efforts: “Make no mistake. Auburn is on trial here…”
3. Matt Hayes on Auburn’s troubles: “The guy charged with fixing it all, new coach Gus Malzahn, was knee-deep in the process little more than a year ago.”
4. Florida coach Will Muschamp has nothing to add to a previous denial he paid an Auburn player when he was defensive coordinator: ”There’s nothing to dignify any other response other than exactly what you’ve read.”
5. Rehab on the shoulder of Ole Miss quarterback Bo Wallace going well, could start throwing in June. But the Rebels have missed him this spring.
6. Both Kiehl Frazier and Jonathan Wallace threw more than 20 passes in Auburn’s Saturday scrimmage. Malzahn: ”It is really hard to look good in a scrimmage until you start settling in with specific personnel.” Undisclosed injury for running back Tre Mason. Tigers cancel Monday’s practice.
7. Not much separation in the quarterback battle at Tennessee between Justin Worley and Nathan Peterman. Coach Butch Jones “not pleased at all” with the offense. “An offense seemingly bereft of playmakers struggled.”
8. In the quarterback battle at Arkansas, coach Bret Bielema says Brandon Allen took a step ahead of Brandon Mitchell.
9. Razorbacks running back Jonathan Williams the star of the scrimmage.
10. In a three-way quarterback battle at Missouri, is redshirt freshman Matty Mauk emerging from the pack?
10. Encouraging signs for Mizzou running back Henry Josey, coming back from a brutal knee injury. Coach Gary Pinkel: “People have no idea what this guy had to do,”
11. Running back Mike Davis impressive at South Carolina’s scrimmage on Saturday.
12. With the spring game done and just a few practices left, time to ask some unresolved questions and throw out some possible answers surrounding the Georgia Bulldogs.
13. Georgia offensive coordinator Mike Bobo: “We are nowhere where we need to be offensively.”
14. Florida freshman running back Kelvin Taylor one of the stars of the Gators spring game. Will Muschamp: “Kelvin’s got a really strong lower body. He runs through contact extremely well.”
15. One of the stars of Alabama’s first spring scrimmage – wide receiver DeAndrew White. He’s one of three Bama receivers coming off injuries in 2012. Nick Saban: “DeAndrew White is doing really well – did a really good job, made some big plays today, actually.”
16. Mississippi State defensive coordinator Geoff Collins on the Bulldogs first scrimmage: “I went through every call that we have on defense. The one defense executed every call.”
17. Kentucky’s offense dominates in Saturday’s scrimmage. Coach Mark Stoops: ”It wasn’t even close today.”
18. Phil Steele projects the AP Top 26 – six of the top 12 in the SEC.
19. Former Tennessee quarterback Peyton Manning giving $500,000 to the Pat Summitt Foundation.
20. The New York Times on former Rutgers basketball coach Mike Rice: “Interviews and documents reveal a culture in which the university was far more concerned with protecting itself from legal action than with protecting its students from an abusive coach.”
21. Louisville basketball has to stop selling a t-shirt – “use of logo” issue.
22. Former NBA coach Phil Jackson was live-tweeting the Final Four.
24. Eddie Einhorn paid the NCAA $6,000 to broadcast the 1961 championship game between Ohio State and Cincinnati. Couldn’t find a station outside of Ohio or Kentucky willing to broadcast it.