1. Trial has been set for two former Vanderbilt players charged with raping an unconscious student. Other two defendants have their case severed by the prosecutor.
2. Missouri coach Gary Pinkel says he turned in several plays to the SEC office for review- including the one that injured quarterback James Franklin Saturday: “We thought, the second guy in, the ball was clearly away.”
3. Gus Malzahn on Johnny Manziel and Cam Newton: “I would say probably those two are probably two of the best that ever played the game of college football.”
4. With quarterback Nick Marshall returning, what will Jeremy Johnson’s role be for Auburn this week? “Good questions. Just don’t expect Malzahn to answer any of them.”
5. Texas A&M wants to cut down on penalties. Had eight of them against Ole Miss – averaging 6.8 per game.
6. What makes Texas A&M’s Kevin Sumlin a good coach? For one thing, he doesn’t waste timeouts.
7. Ron Higgins: “The one East team that seems to be quietly gaining momentum is South Carolina. “
8. South Carolina is back in the Top 10 in the USA Today Coaches Poll. Steve Spurrier: “Guess what, we’re back in the top 10. No big deal.”
9. South Carolina vs. Tennessee means a rematch of Jadeveon Clowney vs. Antonio “Tiny” Richardson,
10. Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze: “I think some expectations were a bit unreal after our start.”
11. Ole Miss receiver Donte Moncrief has caught less than 50 percent of the balls thrown his way - had two drops on Saturday.
12. More than 15,000 no-shows at the LSU-Florida game Saturday. One reason? Apathy. ”Face it, Tiger fans. Many of you are spoiled.”
13. Alabama’s scoring defense is best in the SEC and No. 2 in the country but coach Nick Saban thinks it could be better: “I think there’s times when we’ve given up too many big plays on defense.”
14. Mark Richt’s message as his team gets ready to face Vanderbilt: “Georgia fans, get ready. It’s going to be a tough game.”
15. Georgia’s defense has given up 30 or more points in five of six games this year.
16. Vanderbilt wants to emulate Missouri - get pressure on Murray: ”That was the first time I think I’d ever seen Aaron Murray flustered.”
16. Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen on his defense: “I don’t know if we played a great defensive game for the duration.”
17. Tennessee running back Marlin Lane expected to play Saturday. Linebacker Curt Maggitt may redshirt.
18. Availability of South Carolina linebacker Skai Moore and safety Chaz Elder unknown for Saturday – suffered concussions against Arkansas.
19. Alabama center Ryan Kelly expected to be able to play against Arkansas but Nick Saban not sure how much he’ll be used.
20. Georgia running back Todd Gurley not seen during the media viewing period Tuesday. Neither was safety Tray Matthews.
21. Georgia’s punter Saturday could be a game-time decision.
22. Running back Jeff Scott and six defenders who’ve made a combined 130 tackles for Ole Miss this year were among those not practicing Tuesday for Ole Miss.
23. Kentucky quarterback Jalen Whitlow didn’t practice Tuesday - still bothered by an ankle sprain.
24. Texas A&M defensive back Deshazor Everett is “probably probable” this weekend against Auburn.
25. Florida defensive lineman Dominique Easley – out for the season – tweeted that he’ll have surgery Thursday.
26. Practice focus for Arkansas this week - staying in rhythm.
27. “Tennessee and Vanderbilt, who are both winless in the SEC, will soon have a combined four CBS appearances this season compared to none for SEC East leader Missouri.”
28. Former Alabama basketball player Leon Douglas will never forget the mailgram he received from George Wallace – less than a decade after the governor stood in the schoolhouse door
29. David Climer: “By the time this contract runs out, Nashville will have played host to the SEC Tournament — either men’s or women’s — 21 out of 26 years, dating to 2001. ”
30. Florida coach Billy Donovan on his team: “We don’t have all of our pieces there, but we are drastically worse defensively than we were a year ago.”
31. Missouri point guard Jordan Clarkson made his unofficial debut at a team scrimmage Tuesday night.
32. More Thursday night games for the NFL?
33. Another mock draft that has Jadeveon Clowney the first overall pick.