May 8th, 2013 04:14 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
Tags: Alabama, Andrew Wiggins, Auburn, Huntington Prep, Jerron Martin, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Sharieff Rhaheed, Tre Williams, Trey Lyles
1. Linebacker Tre’ Williams says he is headed to Auburn. He made the announcement just moments ago. Along with Auburn, Williams had strongly considered Alabama. His other finalists were Florida and Ole Miss. The Mobile, Alabama prospect is considered one of the nation’s top inside linebacker prospects and had taken multiple visits to both Auburn and Alabama.
2. Four-star defensive back Jamoral Graham has committed to Mississippi State. Here’s how Newton County (MS) coach Jackie Williamson described it. “I think he came to the realization that he was comfortable at Mississippi State. He felt really comfortable with (safeties coach) Tony Hughes and felt like he was a guy that he could play for.” Graham is Mississippi State’s second verbal commitment in the class of 2014.
3. Alabama coach Nick Saban thinks so highly of Calera, Alabama prospect Ronnie Clark, he called him from the NFL draft. Projected to play free safety and quarterback this fall, Clark is expected to choose between Alabama and Auburn but he’s drawing attention from programs and coaches all over the country, including Vanderbilt coach James Franklin. ”Coach Franklin is a good guy,” Clark said. “Real good guy. I believe they are going to turn the program around at Vanderbilt.”
4. Auburn’s top five defensive line recruiting targets include Da’Shawn Hand. The Virginia lineman visited Auburn last weekend.
5. Razorbacks expected to get visit from top-1oo prospect - safety Steven Parker from Oklahoma.
6. Linebacker Sharieff Rhaheed is an LSU commitment. Arkansas linebackers coach Randy Shannon visited his school on Monday.
7. Broadarius Hamm is a 6-foot-3, 290-pound defensive lineman from Georgia and wears a size 18 shoe. He’s 15 years old and is reportedly drawing interest from the home-state Bulldogs.
8. Top prospect Andrew Wiggins could reportedly make his decision soon. Kentucky is one of four schools still in the mix for the Huntington Prep star. Louisville is not one of the four schools Wiggins is weighing, but it’s the one his host mom at Huntington Prep prefers. “If it was my choice, I’d say he should go to Louisville...I love Coach Pitino’s program.”
9. 2014 prospect Trey Lyles. “I have six top schools: UCLA, Butler, Florida, Kentucky, Duke and Louisville and all of those schools are ones that I’m really looking at.”
10. The final scholarship at Ole Miss will go to Jerron Martin. The Maryland point guard committed after taking an official visit to Ole Miss last weekend. He used the social media network Vine to make the announcement.
11. The New Orleans Times Picayune ranks the top 16 2014 prospects in the state.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|