March 7th, 2012 11:47 AM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Tags: Jim Nantz, Kansas City, Max Garcia, NCAA
1. Florida reported 12 secondary NCAA violations since last April and a few involved inadvertent — nudge, nudge, wink, wink — phone calls.
2. For seeding purposes, the Gators had better not enter the NCAA tourney with a four-game losing streak.
3. Georgia appears to be the frontrunner for Maryland offensive line transfer Max Garcia.
4. “Pocket dialing” was also responsible for a few secondary violations at UGA the past couple of months.
5. The Dawgs’ basketball team still needs a few more pieces.
6. Kentucky’s Anthony Davis is a scene-stealer despite himself.
7. Get ready for the emails, Jim. For some reason CBS Final Four announcer Jim Nantz has announced who he thinks will reach New Orleans… and he doesn’t have the Cats making it.
8. South Carolina is looking for a fresh start in the SEC tourney.
9. Cock fans are still in a wait-and-see mode regarding Darrin Horn’s job status.
10. Tennessee “can’t worry about the bubble” and needs to take care of its own business this week.
11. The Vols’ Jeronne Maymon says he gets by on “quickness and smarts.”
12. Vanderbilt’s Jeffery Taylor is focusing on “team,” not individual honors.
13. This week’s Big 12 Tournament marks the end of an era for Missouri playing in Kansas City.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|