1. SEC, Big Ten, Big 12 and ACC discussing a multisite, rotational bowl partnership.
2. Jadeveon Clowney gets a $5 million insurance policy through the NCAA. Protects only career-ending injuries. Has gained 20 pounds since beginning of last season – “I’d go crazy if I sat out.”
3. Alabama quarterback A.J. McCarron played final six games last season with injured ribs. “I had three ribs come out of place.”
4. Game suspension unlikely for Georgia sophomore tight end Ty Flournoy-Smith – filed a false police report last month. Georgia now off for spring break.
5. With spring practice starting at Tennessee, who will emerge at quarterback for the Vols? Butch Jones announces several position changes.
6. Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze on getting Jason Jones on his staff to be co-defensive coordinator/cornerbacks coach: “There was one guy that was No. 1 on my list from the get-go.”
7. Arkansas coach Bret Bielema is getting questions from Razorback fans: “I had a lady, she was probably 75 years old, ask me, ‘Are we going to tackle anyone this year?” Bielema’s decision to close down spring practice access the right move?
8. Arkansas strength and conditioning coach Ben Herbert on redshirt freshman defensive end Deatrich Wise - “has a chance to be a stud.”
9. Florida’s offensive line will get a boost this fall from two transfers – one from Maryland and one from Nebraska.
10. JUCO transfer linebacker Tommy Sanders is impressing coaches at Texas A&M. Defensive coordinator Mark Snyder: “I don’t know if he did what he was supposed to do, but he was all over the field.”
11. New Texas A&M offensive coordinator Clarence McKinney on Johnny Manziel: “The big thing about Johnny is he’s a winner,”
12. Dameyune Craig has transitioned from quarterbacks coach at Florida State to wide receivers coach at Auburn: “With the receivers, you have to be more detailed with what you ask them to do.”
13. Conference realignment: Is it worth it if “ athletic programs suffer, geographic traditional rivalries are lost and your alumni aren’t able to attend as many games?”
NFL Draft Prospects
14. Former Missouri defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson shocked his agent by doing the 3-cone and shuttle drills at Mizzou’s pro day on Thursday. “Nothing to hide. Nothing at all.”
15. Here are the stats on Ole Miss lineman Terrell Brown: 6-foot-10, weighs 388 pounds, 38-inch arms and a 92 3/8 wingspan.
16. Florida and Alabama produced the most linemen drafted in the first three rounds over the past five years.
17. Mississippi State junior Jalen Steele tore his ACL and meniscus in his right knee against South Carolina this week, done for the year.
18. Mark Bradley: “The Kentucky team that won it all last April might well have been the last truly great NCAA champion we’ll see.”
19. Kentucky coach John Calipari’s on Georgia’s Mark Fox: “I told him after the game this is like Coach of the Year stuff he’s doing. He and (LSU coach) Johnny (Jones) are doing so much good stuff with their team.”
20. SEC Tournament scenarios for Georgia.
21. LSU coach Johnny Jones on Ole Miss guard Marshall Henderson: “He just has no limitations on what he will do or where he will do it from, so you have to really guard against that.”
22. Florida has eight healthy players back in the rotation – still looking to get the chemistry back.
23. After getting back from Auburn this week, Tennessee’s Jarnell Stokes went straight to the gym. Missed 9-of-10 free throws against the Tigers.
24. Auburn’s new arena has only been open three years, but this season was the lowest for attendance.
25. Worst scoring year in college basketball since 1952. Widely accessible video and editing software are part of the explanation. Arkansas coach Mike Anderson: “It’s resulted in lower-scoring games because teams are a lot more prepared than previous years.”
26. Missouri coach Frank Haith on apparent tensions this week with Anderson: “We haven’t spoken yet; I’m sure we’ll visit at some point in time.”
27. Could Missouri end up playing Kansas in the NCAA Tournament? (See projected South bracket).
28. One-time LSU commitment Gunner Kiel is leaving Notre Dame.
29. A.J. McCarron and Katherine Webb - “the Romeo and Juliet of Alabama”?
30. Not official yet but looks like Big East football teams will play in the “America 12 conference.”
31. Bo Jackson may be the greatest athlete of all time, but he’s still not excused from domestic duties: “The other day, we had 9 inches of snow in Chicago. My wife looked at me and said, ‘That snow’s not gonna move itself.’ I had to get out there and shovel snow, man.”