April 10th, 2013 07:59 PM║ Posted By: MrSEC.com ║ Permalink
Tags: Auburn, Coach Kevin Sumlin, Dominique Hawkins, Josh Casher, Jovon Robinson, Kyler Murray, Miami
1. A former Auburn commit now says wants to play at Alabama. Jovon Robinson originally signed with Auburn. The running back left the school after an NCAA investigation into his high school transcripts and is now at Georgia Military College where’s he working to regain eligibility. Regardless of where goes, he’s not eligible to play Division I football until December 2014.
2. Alabama is also after a 2014 Auburn commit. Lineman Josh Casher committed to Auburn back on March 31, calling it “the perfect fit.” After earning offensive line MVP honors at the Rivals camp over the weekend, Nick Saban called today. Here’s what his high school coach told AL.com: ”I figured after this weekend, they probably would. They had been recruiting him. They never had backed off him, actually — just as far as an actual offer, they hadn’t yet.”
3. Miami, Florida running back Dalvin Cook flipped from Clemson to Florida over the weekend. This is a win for the Gators in the Miami area. If the commitment sticks, Cook will be the first commitment from Miami since Jabari Gorman in 2011.
4. Hebron, Texas defensive back Jamal Adams has over 20 offers. Florida is one of the schools he plans to visit over the summer but next week, he’s headed to Texas A&M. ”I’m excited about heading down to Texas A&M. They are definitely on the rise. Coach (Kevin) Sumlin is getting them right down there. Johnny Manziel doing a great job of leading the team too,” he said. “I’ve been to pretty much all of the Big 12 so I want to see something different. I want to see what the SEC is all about.”
5. Kyler Murray is one of the top prospects in the class of 2015 and a Texas A&M legacy. Kyler’s father, Kevin Murray, played for the Aggies back in the 1980′s. While the Aggies have not officially offered Murray, he is reportedly high on their radar.
6. Here’s a look at Georgia’s 2014 commitments
7. Madisonville, Kentucky guard Dominique Hawkins is headed to Lexington this fall. He announced his commitment to play for John Calipari this morning. Calipari had offered Hawkins a scholarship back on March 12, but he kept it a secret. He told just two people -his mom and his girlfriend – that he had received the offer. ”That’s it,” he said. “I could trust them, so that’s the only two I told.” Hawkins will be the 17th Mr. Basketball in the state of Kentucky to play for the Wildcats. Here’s a Q and A he did with the media after today’s announcement.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|