1. Texas A&M could announce its departure from the Big 12 by the end of the week Cost? $14 – $20 million. Multiple presidents call it “amicable divorce.”
2. Unclear if move to SEC could happen by the 2012-2013 school year.
3. Discussion of replacements in the Big 12 include Arkansas and Notre Dame.
4. Kansas City Star:” Texas’ bullying has pushed the Big 12 to the brink of extinction.”
5. Danny Sheridan fires back at the NCAA - ‘happy to take a polygraph test.”
6. Kevin Scarbinsky: “One side is not telling the truth, and more than one professional reputation is on the line.”
7. SEC previews from Chattanooga and New York.
8. Boise State will beat Georgia in the opener and other predictions on the Bulldogs season.
9. Mark Bradley: “This figures to be the year the fun returns.” Georgia linebacker Alec Ogletree on Mark Richt: “He’s a lot different from last year.”
10. Expectations and worries for Georgia.
11. Cornerback Branden Smith has an injured foot but expects to play in the opener.
12. What will Aaron Murray do for an encore?
13. Georgia’s Saturday practice report.
14. With the NCAA cloud lifted, Tennessee coach Derek Dooley looks for a boost in recruiting.
15. Freshmen and sophomores will play a huge role in this year’s Tennessee team. Will ride the arm of Tyler Bray. Just 10 scholarship seniors on the roster.
16. Defensive lineman Collins Ukwa has put on more than 60 pounds since coming to Kentucky.
17. Assistant coach Tee Martin likes the attitude of this year’s Kentucky team.
18. A look at Florida’s projected depth chart. Expect several freshmen to start on defense in the opener.
19. Will Muschamp on playing in the SEC: ”Unless you’ve been through it, you don’t really understand the competition level week in, week out of what you’re dealing with.”
20. It’s finally Oregon week for LSU but the Tigers coaches have been scheming and planning since the spring. Jordan Jefferson’s career may not be over, but it has crash-landed and coach Les Miles should shoulder some of the blame.
21. Auburn’s Devaunte Siglar makes the transition from linebacker to line while offensive lineman Reese Dismukes expects to start as a true freshman.
22. Before the season begins, how about one more look back at the “Turnaround in Tuscaloosa”?
23. The challenge for QB Barrett Trotter and why wins for Auburn may be hard to come by this year. At least they still have Gus Malzahn
24. Alabama is off until Monday. ESPN’s Todd Blackledge was at practice on Saturday. Projected starters.
25. Yet another prediction for Alabama to make it six straight for the SEC.
26. Ron Higgins: (No) o coincidence that an SEC running back didn’t win the Heisman again until Alabama’s Mark Ingram in 2009.”
27. Connor Shaw may be the backup QB at South Carolina, but in Steve Spurrier’s system, he’ll get the chance to play. But make no mistake, Stephen Garcia is the key.
28. Season previews from Memphis of the Ole Miss Rebels, Mississippi State Bulldogs, the Arkansas Razorbacks and Vanderbilt.
29. Sunday means it’s Tuesday in Starkville.
30. Ole Miss defense end Kentrell Lockett is realizing the only way to simulate football is to play football.
31. Center Wesley Johnson anchors the Vandy offensive line.
32. Facelift or new arena? UCLA chose the former, Kentucky will likely choose the latter. But it could be renovated.
33. “The problem is, once you start paying players, it creates a whole new set of financial problems.”
34. Ten games that will impact the SEC race.
35. Players, games, newcomers. Top 5 things to watch in college football.
36. One writer’s top 25 and another’s projected final top 25.
37. Five showdowns on the road to a national championship game.
38. The 10 hottest seats in coaching.