October 10th, 2011 11:58 AM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Tags: Georgia, Kentucky Saturday, UK, UT
Anyone else amazed that we’re already midway into October? This year has flown by.
1. The SEC has announced its Players of the Week.
2. The Florida quarterback situation is still up in the air as the Gators prep for Auburn.
3. With the Gators out of the national rankings, it’s the first week since 1982 that not one Florida-based team is ranked.
4. Georgia is very much alive in the SEC East race, but there’s still work to do.
5. The Dawgs hope outstanding freshman receiver Malcolm Mitchell will be back from a hamstring injury by the Florida game.
6. Not only did Steve Spurrier run it up on Kentucky Saturday, but he also threw a couple of verbal jabs afterwards. (Is there a coach in the country who talks louder after wins and pouts longer after losses?)
7. The humiliating 54-3 loss to Carolina lets UK know what rock bottom looks like.
8. Sure he did it against a Kentucky team that’s going in reverse, but Connor Shaw became the first Gamecocks’ QB to toss four touchdowns in a game since 2006.
9. After watching film, Spurrier feels his offense should’ve scored more points.
10. Tennessee’s rush offense is one of the worst in country. At least its’ pass offense was one of the best with Tyler Bray. Now what?
11. With injuries to Bray, Justin Hunter (and tailback Tauren Poole), UT is “due for a break that doesn’t lead to an X-ray.”
12. Following a 34-0 loss to Alabama this weekend, Vanderbilt quarterback Jordan Rodgers says the Tide “are all they are hyped up to be.”
13. Saturday in Nashville, the Commodores won’t have to face Georgia’s leading receiver.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|