January 23rd, 2013 08:54 AM║ Posted By: MrSEC.com ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Kentucky, Missouri, South Carolina
Tags: Alabama, Keion Bell, Kevin Scarbinsky Who, South Carolina, Video Highlights
Alabama 59 – Kentucky 55. Video Highlights
1. Trailing by nine at half, Crimson Tide rallies to beat the Wildcats. Any halftime adjustments? Trevor Releford: “We just played to our ability … and stopped letting them get easy drives.”
2. Kevin Scarbinsky: “Who’s giving the halftime speeches in the home-team locker room here – Anthony Grant or George S. Patton? Or were you thinking Nick Saban?”
3. Scoring drought in the middle of the game for UK - Cats miss 10 miss straight shots.
4. Kentucky made only eight of 27 second-half shots. John Calipari: ”They panicked a little bit.”
Missouri 71 – South Carolina 65, Video Highlights
5. With two key players missing, Tigers have to rally from 13-down in the second half to beat the Gamecocks. Coach Frank Haith removes jacket and tie in second half: “I’ve had a couple (moments) where you feel like you’re going to pop a blood vessel, and that was one of my top ones.”
6. Missouri could get both forward Laurence Bowers and guard Keion Bell back for Saturday’s game against Vanderbilt. Haith: “I think we’ll have a chance with both.”
7. Tigers 28-of-36 free throws. South Carolina attempts just 17 – makes 11. Coach Frank Martin: “I’m not going to go there because I’m probably not going to wake up really happy tomorrow if I go there. I don’t know what to tell you. They came at us. We went at them.”
8. A picture of former Mizzou guard Michael Dixon - who left after sexual assault allegations emerged – appeared on Tuesday night’s ticket.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|