January 29th, 2011 10:23 AM║ Posted By: MrSEC.com ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Tags: Kentucky Tuesday, Lakeem Jackson, Larry Brown, SEC
1. Rick Stansbury wants energy and toughness out of his Bulldogs today against Florida.
2. Florida is 5-0 on the road this season – all five games decided by five points or less.
3. Auburn is 0-6 in SEC play and it could be a while before the Tigers get a conference victory.
4. Auburn faces South Carolina today – the Gamecocks will be without injured starter Lakeem Jackson.
5. It’s back-to-back games against the SEC East for Ole Miss -Tennessee today and Kentucky Tuesday.
6. The C.M. Tad Smith Coliseum hasn’t been kind to the Volunteers in recent years. The home team has won every game in this series since the 2002-2003 season.
7. Kentucky gets a shot at revenge against Georgia today. John Calipari: “They’re going to be physical.”
8. Georgia – Kentucky is on the must-watch list of today’s games.
9. Larry Brown will be in attendance today- he’s been at Kentucky practices this week.
10. Calipari is open to the idea of a new arena or renovating Rupp.
11. Alabama basketball is suddenly a hot ticket.
12. The Tide is doing it with defense.
13. LSU visits Alabama and welcomes back Ralston Turner.
14. “Basketball was once a solid No. 2 in Louisiana in the 1980s and 1990s. But that may be changing.”
15. It’s Arkansas’s turn to try to stop the SEC’s leading scorer – Vanderbilt’s John Jenkins.
16. Jon Solomon on the consequences of signing day: “It’s an ugly underbelly of the sport that many fans choose to ignore. Watching how the sausage gets cooked makes for a less-appetizing meal.”
17. Tennessee’s Justin Hunter is a two-sport star.
18. 18-year old Ian Lockwood has died – a month after receiving a game ball from Urban Meyer.
19. Ole Miss faces a possible lawsuit in the wake of the death of walk-on football player Bennie Abrams.
20. Stacy Searels’ pay at Texas – $425,000.
22. Bill Raftery is one of the best color commentators in sports. Here’s how he does it.
23. The Big East could get 11 teams in the NCAA Tournament this year.
24. Does football have a future? ”Retired N.F.L. players are five to nineteen times as likely as the general population to have received a dementia-related diagnosis.”
|Post Comments »||One Comment|