October 11th, 2011 03:57 PM║ Posted By: John Pennington ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt
Tags: Josh Clemson, Lexington Herald Leader, Linebacker Alec Ogletree, Steve Spurrier
1. It’s clearly a transition year in Gainesville.
2. Jacoby Brissett will likely start at quarterback for Florida on Saturday.
3. Here’s a midseason breakdown of the Georgia Bulldogs.
4. Linebacker Alec Ogletree “looks like he’s ready to play.”
5. Kentucky freshman running back Josh Clemson is now out for the season with a knee injury. And things continue to go from bad to worse in Lexington.
6. How bad is it in the Bluegrass State? Here’s the title of a column appearing in the Lexington Herald-Leader today: “Joker Phillips has given too much to get fired.”
7. Mark Bradley of The AJC has seen Steve Spurrier’s anti-media act before.
8. It looks like South Carolina’s Melvin Ingram will ready to rush the passer Saturday at Mississippi State.
9. Derek Dooley says he won’t go “in the tank” because his team has been hit with key injuries and departures.
10. Freshman quarterback Justin Worley is just one play away from losing his redshirt.
11. The quarterback job is now up for grabs at Vanderbilt.
12. Larry Smith has been dealing with injuries all year, but backup signal-caller Jordan Rodgers has failed to take advantage.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|